Hi I'd like to close credit card account please
    Click below to see solutions
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,080
    Given: 608

Best Answer
    25-08-21 , 04:23

Hi @ukinnn

Your credit card account can be closed for you here as long as the account has seen no activity within 2 months.
    To do this just click on this link: https://yourcommunity.tescobank.com/...newpm&u=447614

Complete it, click 'Submit Message' and this will send your message securely and privately.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.

If that isn't the case, you can close the account by calling us on 0345 300 4278 or by writing to us at Tesco Bank, PO Box 27028, Glasgow, G2 9FT. Please just provide a cover letter stating you wish to close the card and include your personal details.

Hope this helps!

Warm wishes, Caz @25H
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

25-08-21 , 11:18

Quote Originally Posted by 25H View Post
    Hi @ukinnn

Your credit card account can be closed for you here as long as the account has seen no activity within 2 months.
    To do this just click on this link: https://yourcommunity.tescobank.com/...newpm&u=447614

Complete it, click 'Submit Message' and this will send your message securely and privately.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.

If that isn't the case, you can close the account by calling us on 0345 300 4278 or by writing to us at Tesco Bank, PO Box 27028, Glasgow, G2 9FT. Please just provide a cover letter stating you wish to close the card and include your personal details.

Hope this helps!

Warm wishes, Caz @25H

Hi

I want to pay off my final balance and close my account, I tried the number here but there doesn't seem to be an option when you get through for closing account, I tried a few of the ones on there but how do I get to speak to a person to do this?

​​​​​​​Thanks for any help.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,080
    Given: 608

25-08-21 , 13:30

Hi @kpmason

So sorry to see you go.

You can pay off your final balance and as an alternative write to Tesco Bank PO Box 27028, Glasgow, G2 9FT.
    Please just provide a cover letter stating you wish to close the card and include your personal details.

Hope this helps!

Warm wishes, Caz @25H
    Thumbs Up

25-08-21 , 14:16

Quote Originally Posted by 25H View Post
    Hi @kpmason

So sorry to see you go.

You can pay off your final balance and as an alternative write to Tesco Bank PO Box 27028, Glasgow, G2 9FT.
    Please just provide a cover letter stating you wish to close the card and include your personal details.

Hope this helps!

Warm wishes, Caz @25H

Thanks for the reply Caz, I'd rather not send a letter though, especially as I don't have a printer, surely there must be a way to speak to someone on the phone line and action a close? When you search for that the Official Tesco help claims you can but points you towards that same number though, I was hoping someone here could actually help. It says on there " If your account has been active within the last two months and/or you have an outstanding balance then please call us to arrange closure." but that doesn't seem to actually be the case?

https://yourcommunity.tescobank.com/...t-Card-Account
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 10

25-08-21 , 15:05

You can either send us a private message by following the above steps for us to close this or you can give us a call on 0345 300 4278 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm), to speak to one of my colleagues, please choose option 2 and enter your security details, then press 0. If you don't have any details to hand, just press 0 and you will then be passed through.
    Thumbs Up

28-08-21 , 10:45

Brilliant thanks.

Only closing as paid everything off, been very happy with the Tesco service.
© 2021 Tescobank.com All rights reserved
Sitemap