Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

*Query* Do Clubcard prices work when using Clubcard Pay+?
    12-08-21 , 18:08

I read a previous post that it should update the price when you pay, does this actually happen or not? Have the mods actually used one of these cards and seen that happen?

I will be using my card for the first time soon so I will keep scanning my old clubcard to be sure until anyone gives some confirmation.

Half the stuff I buy lately is a clubcard price* these days so I don't want the hassle of trying to haggle with customer services to give me the money back, life is too short!

I use self service tills mostly, does that make a difference to if it works or not?

*I am talking about the discount clubcard prices and not points.

​​​​​​​There is no real userguide about what to do, surely everyone getting one of these cards will be wondering if it does the clubcard price automatically???
    Thumbs Up

12-08-21 , 20:57

I accidentally tested it when doing my first chip and pin transaction to activate it properly. One of the items was a clubcard price that wasn't advertised and it took the 15p off automatically. So it works automatically for chip and pin, it's just the contactless I need to know about.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 70

13-08-21 , 08:34

Hi @crawjo, thanks for getting in touch. Clubcard prices should apply automatically when using Clubcard Pay+, even with contactless. I hope this helps!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 457
    Given: 1,058

13-08-21 , 09:15

@crawjo hope that answers your query. I have updated the title of the post so other users can see who have the same query :)

How are you enjoying Clubcard Pay+ so far @crawjo any feedback you would like to give?

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself and have fun in Off-topic too!

Thumbs Up

13-08-21 , 10:17

Quote Originally Posted by RossM View Post
    @crawjo hope that answers your query. I have updated the title of the post so other users can see who have the same query :)

How are you enjoying Clubcard Pay+ so far @crawjo any feedback you would like to give?

So far so good. I got the card and pin within 4 days of applying, everything was easy to do.

I was looking for a prepaid card as a backup, most are branded mastercard and they don't work for some things (e.g. lottery ticket online). The only Visa Debit one I found charges £5 a month. Then I came across this which fits the bill. It's sort of like a prepaid card but better. It's free for a start! Extra clubcard points for 3 months, quicker checkout if you use Tesco and funds safer as it's issued by a bank. (I don't work for the marketing dept!)

Handy if you go out on the town and don't want to take your current account card or credit card with you too. (for those that drink more than they should and lose things)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 457
    Given: 1,058

13-08-21 , 10:28

Quote Originally Posted by crawjo View Post

Handy if you go out on the town and don't want to take your current account card or credit card with you too.

That is a great idea and one I hadn't thought of... Means I could actually keep on budget for a night out! (For once)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

04-09-21 , 07:41

This isn’t the case for me, no points added after first use and missed out on Clubcard savings! Any help?
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 197
    Given: 300

05-09-21 , 11:42

Hi @Iamcurtiscurtis, I'm really sorry to hear about that. Have the Clubcard prices been updated when making any other transactions using the card, or have you only used it once? Can you also let me know if you were using the card by CHIP and PIN, or contactless?

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself and have fun in Off-topic too!

© 2021 Tescobank.com All rights reserved
Sitemap