Apple Pay is here!

I have to agree regarding PayQwiq , I found it very involved to use, Normally I just hold my Apple Watch to the terminal and payment is simple and instant with no need to take my phone out of my pocket, I can see some use for it though for when the payment is over £30, if it will work ok then PayQwiq would be good for those instances I do think more work is needed tho on PayQwiq as it is quite hit and miss in use
    Apple Watch user here too ;-) although unless I can reach the card reader with ease I don't always have success with it, nor if the end of my sleeves are damp from rain :-( Tesco could allow payments over £30 if they wanted when paying via ApplePay as you're authenticating each payment just as you would with a PIN. Many other retailers have like M&S, JD Sports etc
    "Tesco could allow payments over £30 if they wanted when paying via ApplePay as your authenticating each payment just as you would with a PIN. Many other retailers have like M&S, JD Sports etc" Yeah good point
    Its been three years has the £30 limit been abolished by Tesco??? Almost every shop that accepts Apple Pay allows no limit to purchases. I bought a car for £19345! with Apple Pay a year ago!
    Your Community Expert
    Hi @Shadgrad, the Apple Pay limit is in line with our Contactless Limit on our accounts. As of April 2020 this was increased to £45 - Thomas
    It’s a step in te right direction Thomas, but Apple Pay is limitless every were but in Tesco Stores, I suppose its difficult for Tesco as you still continue to push Tesco Pay with a limit of 250 And it is good for the weekly Tesco shop But I do believe Tesco would attract more customers if in fact Apple Pay was unlimited in your stores, and if fact You supported Google and Samsung Pay
    Due to the various systems and technologies in place across Tesco they have said they aren't pushing out system wide updates to avoid causing any impacts on customers should an issue arise and finding themselves unable to process card payments during the current pandemic. If you regularly shop at a Tesco Extra, Superstore or use a Tesco PFS you should, if not already, be able to use a physical card for up to £45 once the system upgrades have been completed. If you are using Apple Pay (or use Google/Samsung Pay with another financial institution) you can use it for up to £250. If you regularly use an Express or Metro store these updates will be pushed out eventually but it'll take a little while longer.
    Above and beyond
    Hi I think £250 is a pretty good Apple Pay+ limit for Tesco Supermarket shopping.I don't think i have ever spent more than £100 on groceries, but i suppose you could split your shopping to avoid exceeding the £250 limit !Best Wishes,
    Indeed it is and sometimes it is incredibly easy to use Apple Pay for higher value payments-usually my car workshop bills.

It’s painful when it shows on my account(s) but feels less painful when my poor phone has to check my ugly mug to make sure it’s me .
    Former Community Manager
    Haha , I use my thumbprint so I don't have to see my reflection off of the screen!