Apple Pay is here!

Former Community Manager
    Apple Pay is here! From today, almost everyone* with a Tesco Bank MasterCard credit card will be able use Apple Pay with us on a compatible iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch.

Everything you need to know about setting up and using Apple Pay can be found on our website.

If you have a current account with us, you’ll be able to use Apple Pay next year. We’ll let you know the date when we can.

Apple Pay is widely accepted
    Apple Pay can be used at most stores that accept contactless payments.

Look for one of these symbols at the checkout:

[img]/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/55iB2A88AFD1A5DFEB9/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1[/img] [img]/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/56iA8AFB46942D4CF51/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1[/img]

You can also make purchases within participating apps. A list of stores registered with Apple can be found on the Apple website.

Apple devices that work with Apple Pay
    You need one of the following Apple devices with iOS8.3 to pay using Apple Pay in stores, where accepted:
    • iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6s or 6s Plus
    • Apple Watch paired with iPhone 5, 5s, 5c or later

You need one of the following Apple Pay devices iOS8.3 to pay using Apple Pay in participating apps:
    • iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6s or 6s Plus
    • iPad Air 2, iPad Pro, iPad Mini 3 or 4

Earning Clubcard points when using Apple Pay
    You’ll get your additional Tesco Bank Clubcard points as normal while you’re shopping and spending. But if you’re using Apple Pay in a Tesco store, swipe your Clubcard before you pay to get your standard Clubcard points as well.

Terms & Conditions
    Points applied on purchases and minimum spend applies. Must have available credit. Points exclusions apply to certain items at Tesco, see Tesco.com/clubcard/terms for details. The Clubcard scheme is administered by Tesco Stores who are responsible for fulfilling points.

*Anyone with a Business MasterCard credit card with us won’t be able to use Apple Pay. But you’ll be able to use Apple Pay with any of our other MasterCard credit cards.
  • 50 Replies

Great news! Very slow though but at least it's on it's way.

When will Tesco allow contactless instore, namely self check outs? Apple pay being availble is great, allowing it's use in you're own stores would be icing on the cake :)
    Supervisor
    Welcome to the club Tesco! I've been using Apple Pay since the service launched in July (Santander 123). I've even used the service in your High Street Kensington branch of Tesco Metro. Now all we need is Apple Pay within a Tesco store outside of Central London! It'd be great if we could add our Clubcard loyalty card to the Wallet app; it's now possible within iOS 9 and Walgreen's (an American pharmacy chain) are rolling this out in their stores so please follow suit?
    Great News I use Apple Pay all the time with HSBC, its so secure and easy, So to be able to use it with my Tesco Credit Card woud be a very useful addition to the facility, Do we have an estimated date when it will be avaialble to us?
    That is Fantastic. I can imagine the reason why it's next year is because contactless payment will be widely available in all Tesco stores outside london. Tesco Hampton Peterborough definatly not using Contactless at the moment. But i heard the store attendant saying after christmas it will be ready.So put all these together, I'II say January Apple Pay will be available.
    Supervisor
    I called into my local Tesco Metro in Derby and have spotted some Ingenico terminals that Morrison's also use (contactless).

Fingers crossed this means stores outside of Central London (when the terminals are upgraded) will be ready for Apple Pay!
    I am kind of sad that I won't be able to use my Debit Card at the moment. Hmm, it makes me feel like we are second class citizen. I would have thought is the same technology. If you could implement the Credit Card, why not Debit Card. Well second class citizens can wait.
    I agree why couldn't it have been both the credit card and current accounts. Just hope there's not too much of a wait for current accounts now.