Internal transfers to pay Credit Card from Current Account

There does not appear to be any facility to transfer money from the TB Current Account to make a payment to the TB Credit Card. This is regarded as an internal transfer by other banks or am I missing some way of linking the accounts?
  • 3 Replies

• Verified Answer

Employee
    Verified Answer
    Hi ,

We don't have the option currently to make an internal transfer via the website to pay the credit card. To make a payment from the Tesco current account the credit card would need to be added as a payee on your online banking.

You can do this by selecting Manage on the account overview screen, then selecting the current account and on the next screen it will have an option down the left-hand side to Manage Payees. Then just select Add Payee and enter the sort code 406415, account number 31310006 and your 16 digit credit card number as the reference.

This will then let you make your payment via your online banking, and this will always go by faster payment, meaning it should clear within a working day.
    What a Faff ! I tried setting up a DD and the Tesco Credit card is almost alien to the system, had to join the community to find the answer, it appears that six months later and still no facility, my other banks at least have a drop down menu of Payee Details to selet from. Can it be done via the 'phone app ?
    Employee
    Hi ,

If you're looking to set up a Direct Debit to pay your Credit Card balance, you can set this up on the App. You will have to click on the Credit Card, then depending on your device, please follow the following options:

Apple iPhone/iOS: Click on "Account Management" then "Manage Direct Debit"

Andriod: Click on "Menu" button then "Manage Direct Debit"

This will then give you the option to enter your Current Account details.

Please be aware that if you are setting up a Direct Debit within the Payment Cycle (i.e. your current statement has been generated already) you may have to make a manual payment by another payment method (e.g. Debit Card Payment, Faster Payment, Cheque). If you don't make at least the minimum, you may be charged a fee and interest.

Hope this helps!