Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 7

*Query* Contactless Doesn't Work
    29-07-21 , 10:11

Hi,

Been using the Clubcard pay+ card now for a good few months, and, even with the initial points bonus ending for me now, I'm going to carry on using it - so useful for budgeting!

However, I find I'm unable to use contactless on the card? Within Tesco, I only use Pay+ so never tried it there. But outside of Tesco the card is never accepted as a payment method if i try to tap and pay, only ever works if I put it in the machine and type in my pin.

Any reason for this? Has anyone else found this to be an issue?
    Last edited by KellyT; 12-08-21 at 11:05.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 48

29-07-21 , 10:24

Hi @OStilli, I'm sorry to hear this. The contactless feature should work after you use chip and PIN for the first time. This could possibly be an issue with the physical card itself. Please give our Clubcard Pay+ team a call on 0345 835 6295 (Mon - Fri: 8am - 8pm, Sat: 9am - 6pm, Sun: Closed) and they will be able to check this for you. I hope this helps!
    Last edited by KellyT; 12-08-21 at 11:06.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

30-07-21 , 11:42

@OStilli I've only had my card for a month or so but have no problem using it Contactless. I've used it twice this morning. I've noticed that some people, when they try to use Contactless cards, they either don't hold it close enough to the machine and for not long enough, or have their fingers over the chip.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 417
    Given: 761

30-07-21 , 11:50

that's a good shout @metropolis69 , I'm fine with my card but I always move my phone to fast when using contactless on that!! I can see the cashier getting frustrated with me! as JoeC also says above, you do need to activate the card with a chip transaction before using contactless :)

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself and have fun in Off-topic too!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 7

23-08-21 , 11:02

Thanks all.

It's definitely not an issue with how I use the card - every other one works fine! Plus I can't add my card to my phone, so never had the privelage of that with a Tesco product.

I'll give the Customer Service team a call and see if I can get a new card. It's quite frustrating otherwise!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 417
    Given: 761

23-08-21 , 11:06

@OStilli can you let us know how you get on to assist any other customers experience a similar issue?
© 2021 Tescobank.com All rights reserved
Sitemap