*Query* Delay in funds being credited to Club card Pay+ Account

Window shopper
    Hi Guys, I'm loving the Clubcard pay+ facility, and it's great to increase the amount of points I can collect. The only issue i'm finding is I will tend to top the card up when I need to use it to collect points, E.g if i'm purchasing in a shop or online, once I know the amount needed I will transfer from my Bank account over, but there is at least a ten minute delay in funds being received so have to wait around until I can actually pay using the card. I understand faster payments can take up to 24 hours, however when transferring between banks it is instant and funds are there straight away - is there any proposal to allow this to be brought in for clubcard pay+?
    Last edited by KellyT; 12-08-21 at 10:07.
  • 6 Replies

Your Community Expert
    Hi @crosscd97, thanks for getting in touch. Do you normally top up your Clubcard Pay+ account using the Pay by Bank service or by bank transfer? With both of these methods, you should see the money showing in your account as soon as we receive it.
    Last edited by KellyT; 12-08-21 at 10:06.
    Fresh Eyes
    I'm also finding this to be a problem, I'm mainly using the card for Tesco spend so I usually top it up either as I'm about to leave home/work to get fuel or while walking round the store and it can take anywhere from 10 minutes to 30 minutes.

Weekend seems to slower, i.e I think I sent money at 7pm Sunday night and it arrived at 6am Monday morning.

Double clubcard points for 90 days is great but its getting a bit annoying having to make sure I have enough to cover the Tesco spend on the card.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi @crosscd97, thanks for getting in touch. Do you normally top up your Clubcard Pay+ account using the Pay by Bank service or by bank transfer? With both of these methods, you should see the money showing in your account as soon as we receive it.

I'm using the service that connects via API to the sending bank, I've not tried bank transfer on its own.
    Last edited by KellyT; 12-08-21 at 10:06.
    Supervisor
    @crosscd97 I've noticed transfers are a lot faster recently and I get the notification to say the money is in my Clubcard Pay+ account as soon as I hit the send button on the transfer.
    How is this for a delay ---- It has been 4 days since I tried to transfer funds from my main bank account (not Tesco) to Clubcard Pay+. I have also tried the App top up and this has failed too... There is £200 sitting somewhere on the Internet.
    Calling the helpline number is fruitless... 15 minutes waiting in the queue today.
    I think this is where I leave Tesco and all their Clubcard rubbish and try LIDLE.
    Your Community Expert
    I'm sorry to hear that! When you done the transfer did you get any error messages? Has the funds left your own bank?.
    Former Community Manager
    @Fixxxer Hey, thanks for the feedback. We recently made updates to this, that made transfers to Clubcard Pay+ quicker! Keen to hear if this has improved things for users :)