*Question* - Are you still using Clubcard Pay+ frequently?

View Tag Cloud
    Former Community Manager
    Hi all, I hope you’re enjoying using Tesco Clubcard Pay+ and wanted to know if your usage of the card has changed since you first started using it? Do you still plan to use the card after the double points introductory period has ended? Let us know in the comments below.
    Last edited by KellyT; 12-08-21 at 11:23.
  • 13 Replies

Supervisor
    I use it every day for my spending money and plan to carry on using it after the introductory period has ended 😁 Who knows what other offers we might get 😅

I just love putting my spending money into Clubcard Pay+ and know I'm not spending money I need for my bills. It's great that it works with ApplePay too so it's really flexible.

I have noticed "faster payments" can take a bit longer to register than I expect when people need to pay me after splitting the bill or when I top it up but otherwise I love it. I really like the card design and the app. I'm looking forward to approving transactions in the app instead of by text message.
    Last edited by KellyT; 12-08-21 at 11:24.
    On the look out
    Yes i will
    certainly be using my clubcard pay+ card after the double points period hss ended because i use my card outside of tesco as well such as restaurants and recently my hotel i cannot recommend this account enough
    Last edited by KellyT; 12-08-21 at 11:24.
    Supervisor
    Oh and of course round up! I keep forgetting about that, which is good in a way as it stops me spending it :)
    On the look out
    I enjoy using my card, I use it more via Apple Pay in Tesco stores. As Chr said ‘faster payments’ are painfully slow, especially if you’re waiting for the money to clear to pick up someone’s shopping. Most of the time I just pay it myself on my Barclays Bank card and then just keep the transferred money on my Tesco account. I’m really not a fan of the ‘round up’ account and would be great to be able to opt out or close it. As Tesco account is not supposed to be used as a normal account I only ever transfer exact money to the account and with round up, it unbalances the account. Tesco app is pretty good. So far enjoying the experience and look forward to more rewards for having the account.
    Former Community Manager
    This is all great feedback so thank you all for providing it.
    @SouthRapid @chr, how long are Faster Payments taking to fund the account out of interest?

@Sweep did you go anywhere nice?
    Eagle eye
    I enjoy using my card, I use it more via Apple Pay in Tesco stores. As Chr said ‘faster payments’ are painfully slow, especially if you’re waiting for the money to clear to pick up someone’s shopping. Most of the time I just pay it myself on my Barclays Bank card and then just keep the transferred money on my Tesco account. I’m really not a fan of the ‘round up’ account and would be great to be able to opt out or close it. As Tesco account is not supposed to be used as a normal account I only ever transfer exact money to the account and with round up, it unbalances the account. Tesco app is pretty good. So far enjoying the experience and look forward to more rewards for having the account.

Are you saying you do get all the Clubcard points when using ApplePay? I was told a while ago we wouldn't, may be this has changed now? Which would be really welcome!
    Supervisor
    @SouthRapid I see an option to turn off "round up" when I open the settings menu. Have you tried that?

- - - Updated - - -
    @RossM faster payment times vary but in reality probably only take 5 minutes, it just seems longer when you're waiting for the money and does cause some worry. With Monzo they were instant.
    Eagle eye
    @RossM I am very sorry, I doubt I will be using Clubcard Pay+ once the double points promo is over for me. I always pay with TescoPay+, so I get the normal Tesco points automatically anyway, and it's easier for me to have TescoPay+ linked to a credit card which I don't have to keep topping up. I also get cashback on my credit card, on top of the Clubcard points, so once the promo is over, I am better off reverting to my credit card (and I get better cashback via my credit card outside Tesco, anyway).

I have disabled the Round Up facility as I don't care much for the rounding up, or for a 0.1% AER account (I get 0.7% in my instant access account - pretty miserable, too, but seven times as much as Mr. Tesco would pay me).

Soz for not being more upbeat but I am bit of a penny pincher so always go for the best deal I can get. As they say: every little helps 😎
    Last edited by KellyT; 12-08-21 at 11:25.
    Former Community Manager
    Totally understand @lion, this is why I asked the question. Every bit of feedback we get is invaluable so thank you so much for this!