*Question* - Why were you interested?

View Tag Cloud
    Former Community Manager
    We developed Tesco Clubcard Pay+ as a new way to help give you the power to manage your money in a new way. Was there one particular feature that made you decide to apply? What was it that drew you to Tesco Clubcard Pay+?

Share your thoughts below.

Last edited by KellyT; 12-08-21 at 11:09.
  • 8 Replies

Just looking
    @RossM
    I applied just to give my Xmas saver a boost. Should be a good Christmas present this year, 😆
    Former Community Manager
    That's great news @Silvershadowfox, I hadn't actually thought about Christmas saver and now giving serious thought to doing the same myself. Between myself and my partner we have 3 kids so any saving at Christmas is needed. Is this something you do every year? Are you also rounding up and putting the pennies aside for Christmas?
    Supervisor
    I used to use Monzo, which was a similar thing - it allowed you to top up a card with money and that was great for my budgeting but then they changed too much so I was really pleased when I saw Clubcard Pay+ as an alternative. It does everything I want though I do miss some of the nice graphs showing where my money went and other budgeting features. I love having my spending money separate on a card that I can use with ApplePay and also has the round up feature which is a brilliant way to save and you earn Clubcard points too! It's a winner all round.
    Last edited by KellyT; 12-08-21 at 11:10.
    Former Community Manager
    Hey @chr, that's great to hear. Out of interest, do you ever physically use the card or just as part of your digital wallet? What changed at Monzo that made you look for alternatives?
    Supervisor
    Hi @RossM I actually use both and it's the only card I carry with me now as it's good to have a physical card for places that don't accept ApplePay (which can sometimes be a pain to use while wearing a mask). I also have the Pay+ app but haven't had a chance to use it much.

Monzo's customer service didn't seem to keep pace with its growth and has become rather poor, another reason to choose Tesco with its excellent customer service.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I didn't want a full bank account that Monzo had become. Clubcard Pay+ offers all the things I need without the hassle of a full bank account and is much more useful.
    Last edited by KellyT; 12-08-21 at 11:10.
    Former Community Manager
    Also I didn't want a full bank account that Monzo had become. Clubcard Pay+ offers all the things I need without the hassle of a full bank account and is much more useful.

That's interesting to hear, what do you think the positives are of holding an account like this over a Current Account?
    Last edited by KellyT; 12-08-21 at 11:11.
    On the look out
    I was drawn to Clubcard Pay+ because it was being heavily promoted but I discovered that you need to pre-load it with cash before it can be used. I will not therefore be using it as I already have a Tesco Clubcard Credit Card and do not therefore need both.

Seems that Tesco have gone over the top on hyping up the benefits. For those who can manage their spending without having to resort to enforced budget limits, the card has no value as far as I can see. To be honest, since Tesco 'revamped' their Clubcard offer, its not as attractive as it was previously despite Clubcard prices in store which are not necessarily the cheapest in town.
    Your Community Expert
    Hi @pegerton, I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment surrounding the Clubcard Pay+ account. We're really keen to hear everyone's views, and I'll pass on your comments to our team so we can try our best to make improvements in the future. Are there any features that you'd like to see on the Clubcard Pay+ account that would perhaps be more of a benefit to you?
    Last edited by KellyT; 12-08-21 at 11:11.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself and have fun in Off-topic too!