Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Text verification for online card use.
    06-06-21 , 20:34

I have a current account, when I pay via my debit card online it sometimes asks me to verify via text message code, Is there a way to have this removed from my cards ? Or changed to a different method?
    I am disabled and live in a house that has no mobile coverage. So I find it almost impossible to get the messages.

Any help would be great.
    Click below to see solutions
    Last edited by MrBob; 06-06-21 at 21:04.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 7

Best Answer
    07-06-21 , 16:44

Ah right, I see. If you don't have a landline number and you may not be able to rely on mobile coverage then it would be best downloading our Mobile Banking App to authenticate your online payments. If you have the Mobile Banking App installed, you'll be able to authenticate online payments by receiving a push notification which you can click on to complete the authentication. To add the app to your own device, you can download it from the App Store or Google Play Store.

Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) is a new set of regulations around confirming your identity when you pay for something online, so I'm afraid we're not able to disable this. I've also attached a link below to our FAQ article on this which has a bit more information on SCA. I hope this helps!
    ​​​​​​​

What is Strong Customer Authentication (SCA)?

Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 42

07-06-21 , 07:13

Hi @MrBob , I'm sorry to hear this. Do you have a landline number on the account?
    Thumbs Up

07-06-21 , 14:55

Hi JoeC,

No I do not have a landline.
    Thumbs Up

08-06-21 , 16:09

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieT View Post
    Ah right, I see. If you don't have a landline number and you may not be able to rely on mobile coverage then it would be best downloading our Mobile Banking App to authenticate your online payments. If you have the Mobile Banking App installed, you'll be able to authenticate online payments by receiving a push notification which you can click on to complete the authentication. To add the app to your own device, you can download it from the App Store or Google Play Store.

Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) is a new set of regulations around confirming your identity when you pay for something online, so I'm afraid we're not able to disable this. I've also attached a link below to our FAQ article on this which has a bit more information on SCA. I hope this helps!
    ​​​​​​​

What is Strong Customer Authentication (SCA)?

Thanks for the answer, I already use the mobile app but can't see anywhere in the app to authenticate online payments ? Do I have to enable this option somewhere ?
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 120
    Given: 165

09-06-21 , 09:58

SCA is due to come into place around the 14th September this year, MrBob :)
© 2021 Tescobank.com All rights reserved
Sitemap