OFX / QIF File Format - No Longer Supported

Fresh Eyes
    I joined this group specifically to add my support.
    Like apparently so many others I have been surprised this month that I can no longer download my credit card transactions into Microsoft Money. As a former employee of Tesco IT, I used to think that it was important to maintain backward compatibility with any 'upgrade' . Obviously things have changed since my day!

I too have been using Tesco credit card and Money for many years, but the loss of this facility means goodbye to Tesco. At least my LLoyds debit card maintains a .qif export.

Excuses over looking into it over the next few months won't wash!
    Just looking
    Well, I have joined to complain as well!

[Note tesco that when you require someone to create a password it's useful to actually state what the required parameters are, not tell you after the first has been rejected]

I can see no business reason for this - qif/ofx are industry standard formats and far more useful than unstructured csv - and your implementation isnt even standard wrt coding and debit/credit transactions

I have used Home Accountz for a decade and rely on qif/ofx

First Direct tried this a while ago and were hit with a storm of complaints and reinstated it. I dont care how pretty the website is, it has to be functional, and now it isn't

I simply don't believe that anyone has done any proper requirements definition here

Any use case would quickly determine that if someone wants to download transactional data it can only be to import into personal finance software, all of which use ofx/qif, anyone else would use the pdf statement

And they will want to filter by date, or at least by statement (which was the previous option)

I have complained formally, it seems clear Tesco plan to ride this out and do nothing

Well, you have a month Tesco, then I am off (with my £2000+ spend per month)

I dont need this hassle
    Fresh Eyes
    As a small point... it is not just legacy software like Money which is affected. Try loading these CSV's into any of the professional accounting systems and the result will be the same... all the transactions appearing on the wrong side of the double entry. I tested it with QuickFiles earlier.... this is a professional cloud based accounting package which is approved by HMRC for digital tax submissions and used by many VAT registered small businesses. Anyone who is VAT registered needs to be able to upload their statements in order to reconcile and account of the transactions and has to use a state of the art cloud based package in order to meet the new requirement to submit tax directly from an approved package.

Clearly, it is not just a few people Tesco's are trying to upset... it is anyone who has a card and spends in the course of their business!

Supervisor
    @Sueb77 you are not alone, as you can see from the screen shot below.

Name:  ofx files not supported.png
Views: 1540
Size:  89.7 KB
    Just looking
    So Tesco CC you now have over 11k people that are complaining about the removal of the .qif download. Let me add mine disgust as well. I have used Tesco CC for over 17 years and uploaded to Microsoft Money using .qif. As I do not have the time to enter the tranactions manually this leaves me no choice but to go to another CC which does. I doubt that I am the only one so even if only 50% give up and go elsewhere do you think thats good business sense? I am not a big user, maybe 15k per year but add up all the guys on here and surely you have a business case for reinstating or upgrading the system. or dont you actually care? Do you really want to p*ss everyone off on here? Your choice....... my choice
    Fresh Eyes
    Thank you but Tesco just don’t care. Downloading 90 days every month is ridiculous as well
    Supervisor
    After spending 90 mins this morning trying to match the csv transitions to my MS Money transactions manually, I've made the plunge. Just been accepted for a Natwest credit card and will be able to download OFX (since last download). The rate's a little more but the benefits are similar. Oh and as an extra benefit I can more link my card to my Google pay account.
    I'll keep the tesco card as a backup, but it'll be at the back of the list. Halifax (0% commission on foreign exchange , then Barclays)
    Attachment 137
    Just looking
    Sadly I too will be using another credit card as it is too much hassle to download transactions to financial software and the format is not easily converted.
    Also not being able to select dates of transactions. Hope that it may be reinstated.
    Fresh Eyes
    Hello Tesco Bank, you need to re-instate this functionality because there are millions of people out there using Microsoft Money to manage their finances. A few months ago AMEX did exactly what you have done and replaced the functionality within a month. As many other people on this forum, it will be easier for me to switch credit card from Tesco than switch my finance package. Please reconsider. If it is not back within 2 months I will be forced to cancel my Tesco Card - sorry but Tesco is not a convenience store anymore.
    Tesco - I agree with other customers that the sudden removal of the QIF download format is causing problems. This needs to be reinstated as soon as possible or I will also be moving away from Tesco Bank and Tesco Credit card in favour of a financial institution that can provide this basic functionality. I have seen on several threads that you are collating feedback - but the sentiment from customers is overwhelming in favour of reinstating the download QIF functionality. When First Direct bank made the same error they very quickly reinstated the download functionality - as have other financial institutions. This is what the customers want and need to allow them to manage their finances using various financial management software. Please reconsider soon!