OFX / QIF File Format - No Longer Supported

Fresh Eyes
    Another furious customer. I used the download to Money until this month and now without warning it's gone. Please tell me when it's going to be reinstated before I close my account.
    Your Community Expert
    Hi @Sueb77, I'm afraid we've been making some updates to Online Banking and the option to download transactions in this format is no longer available. You can still download the last 90 days of transactions (excluding Pending) in either a Microsoft Excel compatible format (csv) or tsv. I'm sorry if this isn't a suitable option for you. I'll pass on your comments as customer feedback today.
    Like so many others, I have joined this online community to voice my annoyance at the loss of the facilities a) to download transactions to .qif format, and b) to download transactions from previous staterments. The official reply keeps speaking of 'improvements', but this is serious enough for me to stop using my Tesco credit card. My wife and I MAY start using it again if the facilities are restored, but certainly not if they aren't. What a shame!
    What is worse is that we were not even imformed of the proposed change. Some progress!!
    Fresh Eyes
    Hi @Sueb77, I'm afraid we've been making some updates to Online Banking and the option to download transactions in this format is no longer available. You can still download the last 90 days of transactions (excluding Pending) in either a Microsoft Excel compatible format (csv) or tsv. I'm sorry if this isn't a suitable option for you. I'll pass on your comments as customer feedback today.

No it isn't suitable and I am making arrangements to change to another bank.
    Just looking
    I have joined this forum specifically to vent my fury and add my voice to all the others here, at the decision by Tesco to remove the ability to download OFX files.

I have used a Tesco CC for many years and always downloaded my transactions every month directly into Money, then later iBank and now Banktivity. This month the facility is gone, without warning and reading this thread it is stunningly not a glitch but by design!

I am now faced with the prospect of individually recording every single transaction which will take forever, rather than the couple of minutes I normally spend. This is unacceptable.

I am certain that when Tesco designed these so-called ‘improvements’ they knew they were removing this facility. It can be concluded that the implementation team also decided that the business could tolerate a few moans and angry messages in a thread from people who actually like to manage their finances carefully, and even the loss of a few customers.

From the Tesco responses I see no cause for optimism, basically polite formal replies that can be translated informally as “Sorry, but tough.”

I am sure I am wasting my time writing this and my effort should now be in taking the opportunity to dump Tesco cards, which over the years have eroded the benefits that had made this family use them over others!!!
    It is good to hear over and over that our comments have been logged, and that you are always seeking to improve. Could someone tell us whether there is any chance of our logged comments being taken seriously, and some feedback coming from those who make decisions?
    Your Community Expert
    @StephenV We regularly review customer feedback and it is taken on board when making any changes in future. I'm really sorry again for any inconvenience this has caused.
    Just looking
    So, in the case of Apple & Banktivity I have a workaround which works but remains highly annoying and is more than the previous steps of 1. download OFX. 2. Upload into finance software.

1.Download CSV
    2.Open in Numbers and delete all the transactions not needed (it annoyingly gives you 90 days which loads into the software as duplicates and total confusion)
    3.Export the file as a CSV
    4.Locate & open the file in Banktivity.
    5.Select the relevant columns to be uploaded, making sure that Amount (Flipping) is selected or all your charges will enter as credits!
    6. Import into Banktivity.

Easy. Not.

This will work for me until I can replace Tesco card with another service.
    Just looking
    Can't see how removing a function that many people found useful an improvement.
    But that's typical of Tesco Bank.
    They don't seem to want to answer peoples questions.
    I used to have a Tesco Bank Current Account but I dumped that because they wouldn't issue my wife with a
    non contactless debit card. Nationwide were happy to do this and you can download QIF file format.
    So now I intend dumping my Tesco credit card.
    Fresh Eyes
    I note JoeC's reply... that QIF and OXF are no longer offered.... that is fine, provided the replacement actually works!

The CSV files have the wrong polarity on all the financial values, so create chaos when applied to any financial package...

Clearly the person who designed this does not understand double entry or 101 level book keeping... Brilliant (NOT!)

I think someone at Tesco's needs to go on a course which explains the phrase 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it!'

Maybe it is time to go do a financial institution which understand how to do book keeping!