Replacement credit card is hideous

View Tag Cloud
    Window shopper
    +1 for disappointed with my replacement Credit Card. The old Premium carbon fibre design was super classy. I dunno about you, but a completely black card with "Premium" in huge white letters does not scream Premium to me.

Also most cards are flat nowadays, please get rid of the raised numerals like you have done on Clubcard Pay.
    Just looking
    I've just received a replacement credit card. The old card was such a great design with the strawberry graphic. At first sight I thought the replacement card was one of those free pretend cards that occasionally turn up as unsolicited marketing. But it's my new Tesco credit card. It looks like it's part of your Value Range. Did you have to spend any money on the redesign, because I think maybe you've been ripped off.

I know it shouldn't matter but maybe you should have considered what this says about Tesco as a brand. The old card said stylish, modern, quality; this one says, cheap, shoddy, rubbish quality, styleless and depressing.

I totally agree with ShoppingTrolleyDolly
    I have been a Tesco credit card user for over 15+ years. I have always had the silver card with the strawberry logo. Tesco have always sent it me every two years when my old card expired. It made it so easy to find in my purse. This plain blue card is very similar to my Nationwide Current account! - It is difficult to distinguish between the two with poor eyesight. I am thinking of leaving Tesco and taking out a different credit card user because of this.
    Please Tesco send me my old Silver and Strawberrry design through the post or else i may have to obtain a different credit card.

- - - Updated - - -

I totally agree with ShoppingTrolleyDolly
    I have been a Tesco credit card user for over 15+ years. I have always had the silver card with the strawberry logo. Tesco have always sent it me every two years when my old card expired. It made it so easy to find in my purse. This plain blue card is very similar to my Nationwide Current account! - It is difficult to distinguish between the two with poor eyesight. I am thinking of leaving Tesco and taking out a different credit card user because of this.
    Please Tesco send me my old Silver and Strawberrry design through the post or else i may have to obtain a different credit card.
    Former Community Manager
    @suzyq269 Hey, I'm afraid we can no longer send the older design of the cards but out of interest, what would you like the card design to look like?
    Fresh Eyes
    Ha ha - I just put "hideous new Tesco credit card" in Google as well. To be honest I am really shocked. It really does look like a fake one that comes with junk mail. If Tesco wants credibility as a proper bank this is NOT the way to go about it. The whole thing screams cheap and nasty! How much money has Tesco actually "saved" by downgrading cards? I was not aware you were that low on profits tbh.

Looking at the design it is not very considered - Why has it got "Credit card." written on in in giant Arial font? Presumably because you have current account cards in the same nasty blue. And incidentally why is "card" not capitalised in the same way that "Credit" is as it is presumably meant to be the card title. Also why is there a full stop after the word "card" - perhaps it is meant to be the world's shortest sentence, or perhaps noone checked the proofs?? What would have been more useful would have been to leave the Clubcard logo on, and also Mastercard because not everyone might recognise the Mastercard symbol alone. But then again, they might have have an equally rubbish rebrand I guess?

I am not the sort to go flashing around gold cards, and generally am not that bothered about the appearance of cards - but you had a nice distinctive card before, light coloured and reflective so easy to find in a bag etc. That dull mid blue is not as easy to see and the cheap white numbering is already coming off this new one and I haven't even used it yet. The silver one really conveyed Tesco's aspiration to be a serious bank. I can honestly say this new one is by far the WORST bank card I have ever seen - what do you think this is actually saying about your brand?
    Just looking
    @RossM
    Thank you for your reply. Tbh I was more than happy with the old silver card with the large strawberry logo on the front.
    it made it east to distinguish in my purse from my current account card.

I have had to stick a sticker over this credit card and highlight bright pink in order to separate it from my Nationwide current account card 😩
    Fresh Eyes
    I must admit, I have finally stopped resisting getting a new credit card and when this card arrived through the post I was extremely disappointed with my new card it just looks so cheap and tacky it feels like all the time I took deciding which card to get was a huge waste of time!!