Bug report: CSV export lists all transactions as Debit

The CSV export has been changed in the last week or so. Now all transactions are listed as Debit, including credit transactions. Please could you investigate and fix the bug? This means that there's currently no way to distinguish between positive and negative transactions in the export.

Also, the encoding seems to have changed from UTF-16 to the out-dated ISO-8859-1/Windows-1252 encoding. Why not use UTF-8? To make the £ symbol appear correctly in Microsoft applications such as Excel, you need to include an explicit Byte Order Mark (BOM) at the start of a file encoded using UTF-8. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byte_order_mark for more details.
  • 3 Replies

Your Community Expert
    Hi @geek2focus, thanks for bringing this to our attention. I can see that my colleague has responded to your private message and passed this to the relevant team. Sorry again for any inconvenience caused
    Pitching in
    I have been having a conversation with Ross in another thread about this
    What is really disappointing is that there is now no way of now easily downloading Current transactions only and the transactions for a particular period. 90 days is useless to me and just makes more work trying to filter out the old transactions. This change has been implemented in a way without any consultation or thought for the customers. Your current download does not even show -ve numbers for credits! Tesco's will be the first to complain at its customers when they get into difficulties not reconciling their accounts, there is now NO way of actually agreeing your statements. Where has the customer service gone, what was so GOOD before has just been turned off!
    I see the credits has now been resolved, again no information provided, but you still cannot just down load the current period transactions.
    Your Community Expert
    I'm really sorry to hear about your disappointment surrounding this @b-s. I'll add on your comments as customer feedback, and we'll take this on board when considering any changes going forward.