OFX / QIF File Format - No Longer Supported

On the look out
    As I previously stated, the download option remains in Tesco Banking on their Current Accounts so why is it so difficult to reinstate it for their Credit Card customers, or do Tesco intend removing this without consultation or advance warning. I'm currently using my backup Nationwide card and reviewing my options.
    Just looking
    For me too this is a big retrograde step. The removal of QIF is a big buisance for me. Also the only option is 90 days of transactions. It used to be the last staement period.

PLEASE reintroduce QIF
    Hello Tesco CC Team,

I'm very disappointed to see the ability to download QFX/QIF files has stopped. Not a good customer experience anymore. Tesco customer experience has always been fantastic for me in the store and online shopping and banking. This loss of capability is a big surprise to me. Never thought I'd find myself wondering if I should move my credit card over such a simple issue. Please fix and return this capability.

Many thanks
    Just looking
    i have received a response to my complaint

At present we have removed the functionality while we do some system improvements and updates. We do plan to reinstate the previous options in the next few months, which will support a number of file types. However, I cannot provide you with a set timescale for this. I appreciate your concern and have passed on your valuable feedback.

From our Customer Service Representatives, to our Directors, we want you to know that we listen to your feedback. This helps us decide the direction we're taking our company, and how we can make the changes we need to improve the service we offer.

We've a dedicated Customer Insight Team, who work closely with all areas of our business to review the feedback you give us, and to present these findings to our Senior Leadership. We also hold regular sessions to hear directly from our customers, so we know what matters most to you.

My Decision
    Based on this, I won't be upholding your complaint and although I'm sorry this isn't the answer you were looking for, I hope you understand the reason behind our decision.

So in essence my feedback is valuable but you dont intend on doing anything about it until you feel like it

My alternative credit card application has gone in, and I have secured a better product with better rewards and a higher credit limit

So I am afraid after a decade, I am off
    Window shopper
    Can only echo what has been said by everyone.

Why they decided to do this is beyond me? Why remove functionality? They can't even claim its a security thing as these downloads are just as secure, if not more so, than an excel CSV.

I've already got a Halifax card that up to now I've only used abroad.
    I'll give Tesco until my next statement at the start of July. If the functionality isn't restored then I'm closing the account and using the Halifax card instead.

AND.. we want the download period to be the same as a statement period or at least adjustable. 90 days as the only option is useless. Who on earth came up with this as an 'improvement' ??? Baffling.

Add to this the replys people have been getting in this thread. Some people have been told its coming back.. some people have been told its definitely not coming back.

I have a couple of current accounts and a few savings accounts, all with different banks. Plus the Halifax card and the other half has a Barclaycard.
    ALL allow decent OFX or QIF downloads. All of em.

As recommendations...
    Barclaycard, Nationwide, HSBC First Direct - all download QIF or OFX brilliantly
    Halifax downloads em but for some reasons classes all your credits as deposits and vice versa. Annoying but a minor messing about.
    Just looking
    Well, as I said above I am moving away from Tesco CC at the moment. I have started to move back to my First Direct account. I have Barclaycard and Natwest Credit Cards as well and wil just move over to them. I have tried a program to convert back to .qif but they dont seem to work well at all. Personal finance is important to us all and although Microsoft Money has been unsupported for a while now it is still one of the best PF programs. I have 20 years almost of history and I will not put that aside for a few points. I have had the Tesco CC for many years but sadly it wil only come out on the bearest of occasions now.
    Window shopper
    @RossM it still isnt downloading - ive cleared cookies, history and even tried other PC's - this is a real step backwards.
    Former Community Manager
    @kerrysheehan42 can you send a message to Tesco-Bank ? CSV files should still function on the platform as usual. The team can have a look :)
    Can I add my voice to how disgruntled I am about this too please.

I've found a workaround using Transactions from https://www.propersoft.net/products/transactions but there is a cost $33 or something like that. This takes a CSV file and converts it to a QFX / QIF file. Not ideal but it does work. (Although now I am having problems getting a csv file from Tesco bank - page not found errors :-/ )