OFX / QIF File Format - No Longer Supported

Former Community Manager
    Hi Everyone, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has provided feedback above. We recently made changes to our online platform that has resulted in being no longer able to download transaction information in all previously allowed formats. However, I want to let you all know that over the coming months we will be reviewing the formats available and would ask you to keep an eye on the Community Page for updates around this.
    Eagle eye
    Let me add my voice to those who are complaining. I am bitterly disappointed and feel very angry that two features which are essential to the way I manage our family finances have been removed WITHOUT NOTICE and without consultation this month. This is enough of an issue for me to look at changing credit card provider, having spent over £800,000 with Tesco Mastercard over the past 20 years.
    These removed features are:
    1. QIF format transaction download - no, TSV and CSV are NOT adequate alternatives
    2. Download of a transaction set corresponding to a monthly statement

While it may be possible to use tools to convert CSV to QIF - I have not even started to investigate that depressing option - it is NOT possible to fix the second issue without time-consuming messing around.

I used to be very happy with the facilities Tesco Mastercard provided to help its customers manage their finances. I am now so unhappy I will seek to change credit card provider. the points are much less of an incentive than they used to be.
    Pitching in
    Hi Everyone, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has provided feedback above. We recently made changes to our online platform that has resulted in being no longer able to download transaction information in all previously allowed formats. However, I want to let you all know that over the coming months we will be reviewing the formats available and would ask you to keep an eye on the Community Page for updates around this.

Hi Ross
    What is really disappointing is that there is now no way of now easily downloading Current transactions only and the transactions for a particular period. 90 days is useless to me and just makes more work trying to filter out the old transactions. This change has been implemented in a way without any consultation or thought for the customers. Your current download does not even show -ve numbers for credits! Tesco's will be the first to complain at its customers when they get into difficulties not reconciling their accounts, there is now NO way of actually agreeing your statements. Where has the customer service gone, what was so GOOD before has just been turned off, I work in the IT industry please so do not tell me it is no longer available, this is a cost saving exercise!
    Supervisor

What! in the same way that I kept an eye out for you removing this feature. I would like the service request ID and the resolution indicating that this has been considered and the outcome. Until then Tesco credit card should be on notice that Im looking for alternative suppliers.
    Tesco is supposed to pride itself on customer focus and making it easier to make ends meet. This has severely dented my view of the credit card group, thank goodness the grocery team are still holding up their end.
    Window shopper
    @theron
    Thank you for your tool. It works perfectly and saved me a lot of time.

Link to your post for those that are looking and have not read the full thread:
    https://community.tescobank.com/thre...ll=1#post38326

And if you need to know how to use it.
    Download the ZIP file. Extract to a folder. Mine was in E:\Downloads\TCCQIF-Main
    Then open a CMD prompt, then type in the drive you saved it to. Mine was E:
    E: (press return)
    Then type in the command to change directory
    CD E:\Downloads\TCCQIF-Main (press return)
    then type in the exe name
    tccqif.exe
    After the tccqif.exe drag your downloaded CSV file onto the CMD prompt window and it will put the full file path in for you.
    Press return and it'll make a QIF file where your CSV was.
    Supervisor
    You should be able to just drag and drop the .csv/.tsv onto the .exe and the .qif version will appear.
    Window shopper
    @RossM Then I will be moving my account elseswhere
    I used to use the function in manage account to print individual transaction which I could then use to claim back payments I had made for the company.Have been informed that it was a management decision. A very bad decision
    Eagle eye

I appreciate you're the messenger for this issue, but waiting months on the off chance that this feature might be resurrected doesn't work for me (compounded by it just disappearing with no warning!) - so, I'm voting with my feet and have found another credit card supplier.

Hopefully this might give you some ammunition to get the feature accelerated with the dev team and will help others, however I have a horrible suspicion that it was assessed during your update and us users of the transaction downloads are considered collateral damage!!
    Just looking
    @theron, mee too :(, took me a while to try and figure this out. I ended up creating a PS script, rather than paying for a tool or using on line service.

Even the ability to select date range for only transactions from last statement has gone. I am hoping at least that can be re-instated as an "improvement".