OFX / QIF File Format - No Longer Supported

Fresh Eyes
    Agreed if the QIF files are not reinstated I too will move away points are so small now and I have mainly moved away from shopping at Tesco's that the few points I would lose in no way make up for the hours it will take me to post all my transactions. Like many, I really need this to separate my business transactions from Private ones so this is much more than just keeping a tally and I have 50+ every month. I have had a card from the very start so this is a big change very disappointing it seems to be part of Tesco's long-term strategy to get rid of its customers. So don't worry I was only hanging on by my finger nails and you just trod on them.
    On the look out
    @MartinC Appreciate the effort. Clearly something Tesco Bank, in their "wisdom" is incapable of.
    Agree with everyone else's comments that the removal of QIF downloads is a backward step rather than an improvement as tesco believe. Something that would normally take a few mins previously in MS Money now takes over 10 mins as I use my credit card a lot and hence have lots of transactions to reconcile. First Direct did something similar a few years back and removed QIF downloads and quickly added QIF downloads back in once they got lots of complaints. I will have to think about moving my credit card elsewhere if its not added back in.
    Whoever decided to remove the ability to download transactions in QIF format needs to seriously consider how they have affected many Tesco credit card customers! It is definitely a backward step.
    I use excel everyday for work but don't use it to reconcile my accounts as there is much better purpose built software out there that obviously many other people use too. Who decided that customers would only like to download 90 days at a time - ridiculous!
    Overall, I find the new style internet banking page is 'pretty' with it's nice soft edged boxes - but just generally too big and clunky - and I end up 'scrolling' around endlessly - I seriously have better things to do!
    Please reintroduce QIF downloads, with date period selection (the banks can do it, so I'm sure you can too!) or I too may have to choose another card provider . . . because I really cannot be bothered to enter all my transactions manually!

p.s I joined this 'community' specifically to post this . . . Tesco's web designers net to get this sorted please . . .
    Just looking
    @KellyT

Why is this 'ofx' format unavailable now to MSMoney?; I'm a coder so it is possible just takes a bit more effort to write the code.

Also the 'new' online re-design and functionality when viewing your transactions is a retrograde step, not sure how this got through any serious consumer testing!
    Just looking
    I very much doubt there was any consumer testing, certainly no consumer consultation. A csv file is useless. When Tesco say 'updates' to online banking its pretty clear it should have said 'downgrades to the service because out coding team is inept'
    Just looking
    Hi @Ronski, I'm really sorry but we don't have any plans to bring this back. Due to recent updates to our online banking platform we're no longer able to support these formats. Apologies that my colleague has provided the wrong information when you called. We'll feed back all comments received on this thread to our team to review moving forward.

There is absolutely no reason why you would be 'no longer able to support these formats' . As you can already see from this thread private individuals have been capable of converting the csv file into a ofx style file. Your IT department would be able to do the same, if they can't, you seriously need to change your IT supplier.
    Fresh Eyes
    I'd like to add my ten penneth to this thread #grrr

It's bad enough that the file formats have gone but who the merry heck thought that just offering a bulk download of 90 days worth of transactions was in any way helpful?!

I messaged Tesco Bank Facebook and got this response ...

We do plan to reinstate the previous options in the next few months, which will support a number of file types. However, I cannot provide you with a set timescale for this".

What are we meant to do in the meantime?

I've been using MS Money 2000 for the past 21 years but it's developed some problems and this has prompted me to update my finance software. What do folks recommend to replace MS Money please? Thanks!
    Your Community Expert
    Hi @Norfy, due to recent changes we've made to our Online Banking platform, we're no longer able to support this format. This being said, we're continuing to review all customer feedback received on our Community and I'll pass your comments on to our Customer Insight Team for further consideration. I've added your comments as feedback too @JeffWoodend, I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.
    Just looking
    I want to add my ire that a function that I have used for years has been removed. Like many others I may well be getting rid of my Tesco Card and the Multiple pounds I spend on it a year.