OFX / QIF File Format - No Longer Supported

Supervisor
    @TrinhO My complaint has been handled (well, dismissed...) extremely efficiently !

Thanks for your patience while I've looked into your complaint.

Your Complaint

You contacted us to let us know you're unhappy with the recent system changes which means you can no longer download your transactions in a specific format; you find this inconvenient.

My Findings

We regularly review the products and services we offer to make sure we provide the best banking experience possible to our customers. This does mean sometimes removing and/or changing products or services.

At present we have removed the functionality while we do some system improvements and updates. We do plan to reinstate the previous options in the next few months, which will support a number of file types. However, I cannot provide you with a set timescale for this. I appreciate your concern and have passed on your valuable feedback.

From our Customer Service Representatives, to our Directors, we want you to know that we listen to your feedback. This helps us decide the direction we're taking our company, and how we can make the changes we need to improve the service we offer.

We've a dedicated Customer Insight Team, who work closely with all areas of our business to review the feedback you give us, and to present these findings to our Senior Leadership. We also hold regular sessions to hear directly from our customers, so we know what matters most to you.

My Decision

Based on this, I won't be upholding your complaint and although I'm sorry this isn't the answer you were looking for, I hope you understand the reason behind our decision.
    Window shopper
    Hi. I am also very unsatisfied with this. This happened back in January and I complained. It was reinstated so I thought that so many people had complained that Tesco had decided to keep it.
    I am going to have to find another credit card company that provides this service as I like to analyse my spending and have not got the time to input every transaction.

PLEASE BRING THIS BACK.

Kind Regards
    Debbie Reynolds
    Registering my frustration that the .qif option has been removed. My expenses on YNAB now take almost three times as long as I have to manually change the .csv file to the correct format. This is enough for me to stop using Tesco credit card.
    Eagle eye
    Just a quick note for others that have been dismayed at the removal of useful downloads of their transactions in a standard format.

I moved to Amex about 6 weeks ago, and generally accepted in most places and then use a Barclaycard for when Amex not accepted - both work well and have a variety of download formats, which YNAB accepts.

So, that now allows me to cancel my Tesco CC after many many years of running it happily and could have been so easily avoided if they'd perhaps actually consulted their customers?!?

Good luck to the rest of you, I hope they do re-implement it soon but from the responses so far I wouldn't hold your breath!!
    Pitching in
    @JoeC don't bother as no-one at Tesco bank really cares

- - - Updated - - -
    @CaptC thanks for the info

- - - Updated - - -
    @theron obviously forgot about your customer base then?

- - - Updated - - -
    @theron yes they ignore their customer base perhaps they want to pull out of the credit card market?
    Your Community Expert
    @b-s I have replied to your private message. Once you give us the information requested, we'll do our best to provide an update.
    Just looking
    Lack of OFX/QIF format is very time consuming with some 50 transactions a month to check. If Tesco is stopping credit cards why not just say so, rather than driving frustrated customers away?
    Former Community Manager
    Hi all, first I wanted to apologise for the lack of communication around the removal of this feature, it has been an experience for us all and we’ve taken some learnings. I also want to thank you all for being so vocal around what is important to you, your feedback is important and if anyone has any further comments, please post within this board. I will ensure this is passed to the most relevant person within the bank.

We recently decommissioned a part of our online banking system as we improved our Credit Card journey, making the look and feel better for our customers. This resulted OFX and QIF file formats no longer being available. We knew this would impact some users but unfortunately there was no way of avoiding this.

We are looking into reintroducing these file formats at a later date, but I’m afraid that I can’t give an exact timescale on when this will happen. When I know more, I will post within this thread.

We will aim to communicate more around changes to our Online Banking systems on this forum in future.

If anyone has any direct questions, then feel free to send me a private message.

Window shopper
    We knew this would impact some users but unfortunately there was no way of avoiding this

I'm sorry but I work in software and this is clearly untrue.

There was a way of avoiding this. You add that functionality to your new online banking system.

Either you didn't think people would be bothered by this omission, or the change would have caused you additional expense you wished to avoid. But thats different from saying its impossible.

As everyone has pointed out, virtually all other banks offer these functions.
    Eagle eye
    @RossM: Why do you ask for even more posts on this subject to back up the complaints? What more do you need? There are already 17 pages on this topic. Surely that gives you some idea of the magnitude of the frustration of your credit card customers?

I have now reduced usage of my card to a couple of transactions per month and transferred everything else to another card which allows downloading to Microsoft Money as Tesco used to do. I'm sure many of your frustrated customers will have done the same.

When your Finance Department starts asking why the number of credit card transactions has declined over the last few months, at least you will be able to provide them with an answer. But not a solution. This is pathetic for such a huge company. It can't cost that much to reinstate the function.