OFX / QIF File Format - No Longer Supported

Eagle eye
    Hi @ChrisL44, we recently decommissioned a part of our online banking system as we improved our Credit Card journey. This resulted in OFX and QIF file formats no longer being available. We knew this would impact some users but unfortunately there was no way of avoiding this.

We are looking into reintroducing these file formats at a later date, but I’m afraid that I can’t give an exact timescale on when this will happen. We will update this thread when we have any updates.

Well, my "Credit Card journey" with Tesco has ended because of these changes. I find it hard to credit that there was no way of avoiding the removal of these file formats. When will Tesco Bank stop referring to "improvements" in their "Credit Card journey" when it is quite clear from this forum and no doubt for lots of other customers too that this has been anything but an improvement?
    Window shopper
    Hi.

Its been several months now and wondered if there was an update as to when this will be corrected and we can download in this format again?

Thanks.
    Your Community Expert
    I'm really sorry @mikeab28, we don't have an update on this at the moment. We'll post on the Community as soon as we do.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself and have fun in Off-topic too!

Window shopper
    Hi @ChrisL44, we recently decommissioned a part of our online banking system as we improved our Credit Card journey. .

HAHAHA
    some Blue Sky Thinking there.

Eagle eye
    I was recently the recipient of an email from Tesco Bank which said, inter alia, "We'd love to hear what you think about Tesco Bank. Your feedback will really help us understand how we're doing and, importantly, where we can make improvements for our customers." Well, I have completed this survey which is being carried out by KPMG Nunwood. I was at pains to point out the deficiencies in the "Credit Card Journey" now. The customers on this forum have already told Tesco Bank the answers to this question as far as credit cards go and nothing has happened, so, rather than spend the money on this survey, it would have been better spent on reinstating the missing functions we have all been complaining about.

If anyone else has received such an email inviting them to complete the survey, why not do so? Who knows - Tesco Bank, or at least their consultants, might pay more attention to those comments.

I am so frustrated by this whole business, including Tesco Bank's pretence to want to improve customer service, yet their inability to do so when the defects are pointed out.
    Just looking
    Sorry that's not true. - up until recently I could select a statement period and then download it as an excel - I've been doing it for years. Where's the thumbs down icon...

Yes, I've been doing it for years too. Until the 'upgrade' it was definitely possible to download statements older than 90 days in csv format.

I've joined this thread as I didn't notice it when I started a thread to complain about the lack of per statement downloads in csv format.

When that functionality was lost I was annoyed, couldn't find an easy way to complain, but worked round it manually.

However, this month I nearly screwed my accounts and would have gone overdrawn because I made an error in my manual reconciliation of the statement with the csv file, and missed transaction of several hundred pounds. So my direct debit was due to pay off much more than I expected. Luckily I noticed in time and was able to ensure that adequate funds went into my current account to cover the DD.
    Just looking
    Well I take it they are happy on their CC journey, I used to do 90% of my transactions on my Tesco CC but have run it down over the last few months and will change over to another provider next month Maybe they are just running the CC side as they have with the current account, anyway othersdo .qif and I will move over to someone who does
    Fresh Eyes
    Also frustrated by Tesco.

If you can manage with the restriction of 90 days I use some software 'iCreateOFX Basic' to convert Tesco CC .csv to .ofx, in order to import into MS Money. It also exports to .qif but I have not used that. You can easily view and remove any transactions (eg ones you have already imported) before creating the file.

It is paid-for software, but fairly inexpensive (a tenner). I have no connection other than using it for Tesco and Halifax CC .csv files. The Tesco .csv has a few more fields than some other banks' exports, otherwise I would probably end my 'journey' now as I no longer have any other Tesco accounts.

Hilariously, as I type this an email has arrived inviting me to participate in the Tesco Bank feedback survey!
    Window shopper
    No survey for me.

Well its October now so I think we can safely say the 'Credit Card Journey' will not be making a u-turn.

I've switched most of my spending to another card. I'll close the account by Christmas if nothing changes.
    Former Community Manager
    Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know that Following on from listening to your feedback, You are now able to download transactions in QIF and other formats. You can also download all of your transactions for the last 90 days (excluding pending transactions) or you are able to download your transactions for a particular month. Hopefully this helps those who use these formats.