Advice needed

Window shopper
    Hi

I’d like to understand whether I can seek a refund on some flights through my Tesco credit card using a Section 75 claim.

I booked flights to Thailand for my family and I in late 2019. The flights were cancelled due to the pandemic and the booking agent has been seeking a refund from Thai Airways ever since, all to no avail.

I am owed over £2000 and really need this money back. I believe Thai Airways are either going into liquidation or a restructuring programme. Regardless, the money is not forthcoming.

Can you help me?

Thanks
    Luke
  • 1 Reply

• Verified Answer

Community superstar
    Verified Answer
    Hi @Lukemh

I'm really sorry to hear this.

As you booked your flights through a booking agent it is them that you should be claiming your refund from.
    Is your booking company ATOL/ABTA protected?

You may be entitled to make a chargeback claim, it all depends on the circumstances.
    For instance if you have been refused a refund, or you have not received a response for more than 15 working days.

I would suggest the best thing for you is to send Tesco Bank a private message and ask them to look into this for you.

Click on this link Tesco-Bank then scroll down, on the left hand side click 'Send Private Message'.
    Complete it, click 'Submit Message' and this will send your message securely and privately.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode along with details.

You will receive a reply to your private message, with the appropriate response.

Also, some advice from Martin Lewis - Money Saving Expert: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/tr...oliday-rights/

Warm wishes, Caz @25H