Weekend Faster Bank Payments……Oh no, NOT so fast!!

On the look out
    So I decided to take the plunge and order the new Tesco Clubcard Pay account. Great idea, so I have shopping due to be delivered tomorrow (Sunday 2nd May 2021) between 10am - 2pm.

I thought, hold on extra clubcard points just using your card, so decided to transfer all my shopping money to my Tesco Clubvard Pay account and use that…. After all extra points, I’m all up for that!!

Well sadly that’s were the happiness ended for me, done a faster payment to my new account and changed the payment card to my Tesco one (extra points here remember) checked my Tesco Clubcard Pay account….. Nothing transfer has not gone in (used it before and no problems, although very slow) so now my Tesco groceries will be cancelled tomorrow if funds are not there BEFORE midnight I’ve had this slow booked for the best part of 2 weeks due to no slots available, now I’m furious about why try and change something that was already good. Thanks Tesco, now I need to get someone to do my shopping which won’t happen and one priority customer without shopping.

Please don’t give me the ‘we update our system over weekends blah blah’ what bank would do that? It’s obviously wrong, every other bank can do it why can’t you?

rant over…
  • 3 Replies

Your Community Expert
    Hi @SouthRapid, I'm very sorry to hear about that. Has the payment reached your account now? Payments made using the Faster Payment Service are normally made within 2 hours but can take up to 24 hours. They can take longer between 4pm Saturday and 6am Sunday as we perform essential maintenance. If you'd like to raise a complaint then you'll be able to do so here: How to complain - Complaints - Tesco Bank
    On the look out
    Hey Kelly,

Fortunately the payment credited into my account on time.

It was a scary moment, so all is well shopping way delivered and luckily Tesco took their payment just after 8am.

regards,

Shane.
    Former Community Manager
    @SouthRapid glad to hear that the payment went through in time. How are you getting on with ClubCard Pay so far? We have a group set up for ClubCard Pay and would love to get your feedback :)