Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

Credit card payment doesn't match statement amount
    12-04-21 , 19:18

Hello,

This has happened a couple of times now and is winding me up but when I have a refund applied to my account before a payment is taken, the amount of payment taken is reduced by that refund amount. e.g. statement balance of £500 set on 12 March, refund of £50 applied 20 March, payment taken on 31 March of £450 NOT £500. Therefore the amount due the following month is increased by £50 as the refund went on the previous statement that it wasn't connected to.

I know in the grand scheme of things this is VERY minor but why is it happening??? Surely the statement balance is set in stone, or on paper/pixels at least, and shouldn't change. If I don't realise the refund has affected 'this month's' payment and I have a surplus in my account I could accidentally spend it and not have the money hanging around for next month when it has now become due.

😤
    Click below to see solutions
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 30

Best Answer
    13-04-21 , 10:47

Hi @lulu2608, I'm sorry to hear this. If you pay the last statement balance off in full each month, refunds to the account count as payments. I'm afraid that there isn't a way to stop the refunds reducing your direct debit amount if you pay the last statement balance each month. You can always make additional manual payments by a number of methods. I have attached a link below which explains the different ways in which you can pay. I hope this helps.

How can I pay my Credit Card? - Tesco Bank Community
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 765
    Given: 427

13-04-21 , 06:18

Hi @lulu2608

I'm sorry to hear this.

The best thing is to send Tesco Bank a private message and ask them to look into this for you.

Click on this link Tesco-Bank then scroll down, on the left hand side click 'Send Private Message'.
    Complete it, click 'Submit Message' and this will send your message securely and privately.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode along with your account details.
    You will receive a reply to your private message, with the appropriate response.

Warm wishes, Caz @25H
© 2021 Tescobank.com All rights reserved
Sitemap