Credit card payment doesn't match statement amount

Just looking
    Hello,

This has happened a couple of times now and is winding me up but when I have a refund applied to my account before a payment is taken, the amount of payment taken is reduced by that refund amount. e.g. statement balance of £500 set on 12 March, refund of £50 applied 20 March, payment taken on 31 March of £450 NOT £500. Therefore the amount due the following month is increased by £50 as the refund went on the previous statement that it wasn't connected to.

I know in the grand scheme of things this is VERY minor but why is it happening??? Surely the statement balance is set in stone, or on paper/pixels at least, and shouldn't change. If I don't realise the refund has affected 'this month's' payment and I have a surplus in my account I could accidentally spend it and not have the money hanging around for next month when it has now become due.

😤
  • 4 Replies

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    Hi @lulu2608, I'm sorry to hear this. If you pay the last statement balance off in full each month, refunds to the account count as payments. I'm afraid that there isn't a way to stop the refunds reducing your direct debit amount if you pay the last statement balance each month. You can always make additional manual payments by a number of methods. I have attached a link below which explains the different ways in which you can pay. I hope this helps.

How can I pay my Credit Card? - Tesco Bank Community
    Community superstar
    Hi @lulu2608

I'm sorry to hear this.

The best thing is to send Tesco Bank a private message and ask them to look into this for you.

Click on this link Tesco-Bank then scroll down, on the left hand side click 'Send Private Message'.
    Complete it, click 'Submit Message' and this will send your message securely and privately.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode along with your account details.
    You will receive a reply to your private message, with the appropriate response.

Warm wishes, Caz @25H
    Window shopper
    This isn't the first time this has happened at Tesco bank. I have this problem: I have been receiving credit card payments from Tesco for several months, but these payments show as "expenses in my personal account." Though, the statement shows them as "paid." I have essential gaming merchant accounts through which I pay my bills. I spent these amounts through my personal account because this service was connected by mistake. At the same time, I paid less than what was stated in the statement (the amount is more than the amount on the account).
    Last edited by RoseParr; 27-08-21 at 15:23.
    Your Community Expert
    Hi @RoseParr, thanks for getting in touch. Is there something we can help you with today at all?