Using Curve with Tesco

View Tag Cloud
    Hello,
    I've recently set up using Curve and have been trying to find a definitive answer on collecting club card points. I wonder if anyone can confirm that if I pay on my Tesco credit card through Curve, do I still get the same additional clubcard points as if I was spending directly to the Tesco credit card? Most of my points get racked up by buying fuel on my credit card so it would be good to know I'll still get these if paying through Curve.
    Thanks in advance!
  • 7 Replies

• Verified Answer

Community superstar
    Verified Answer
    Hi @andyrew

The best solution is to check this with the Tesco Clubcard team.

They're super helpful, and it's quick and easy to get through to resolve as I've contacted them myself.
    Call 0800 591688 / 0330 123 1688 (Mon - Fri 8am - 8pm)

Hope this helps!!

Warm wishes, Caz @25H
  • Verified Answer

Investigator
    Verified Answer
    Hi,

I haven't used my Curve card for quite some time now, but in my experience you only earn points as if you’re spending outside Tesco when using Curve, so 1 point per £8 spend as opposed to 1 point per £4. This is because the credit card sees it as a payment to Curve rather than Tesco. You also need to tap your credit card or Clubcard separately to collect your standard points and redeem any Clubcard Prices.

Hope that’s useful!
    Former Community Manager
    That's good to know @crb227 ! thanks for helping here :)
    Fresh Eyes
    What do you think of these:

Hello. I tried to call and was on hold 30 minutes, then placed on hold for another 15 and was hang up!

Tesco Bank

Hi Ilkin, thanks for getting in touch. We’re here Monday-Sunday 8am-8pm, and aim to get back to you within 2 hours. Please don’t share any card, security or account details in this chat. Visit Tescobank.com/help/privacy-and-cookies/ for info on how we handle your data.

You sent

Do you have any problems with adding credit cards to Curve App? Curve team says Tesco is not honouring this. Why?

You sent

https://www.curve.com/en-gb/

Tesco Bank

Hi, thanks for contacting us. We will be making our API available to Third Party Providers (TPP) soon. Should you wish to access your Tesco Bank product through the TPP then please contact them to let them know. You can read more about open banking at www.openbanking.org.uk. I hope this helps - Thomas

You sent

Openbanking is already there otherwise I would not be able to add my card to https://www.moneydashboard.com/ today. It almost completes with Curve but something is broken it is being rejected upon retrun to curve app after approval on your website.

You sent

Please check again

Tesco Bank

We'd need to speak to you over the phone regarding this. Please give our Online Helpdesk Team a call on 0345 300 3511 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm) and they can look into this for you - Thomas

Yesterday at 18:52
    Wed 18:52

You sent

I tried to call and was on hold 30 minutes, then placed on hold for another 15 and was hang up!

You sent

So no luck there, no luck here. Should I try Twitter now?

Tesco Bank

We run both the Facebook and Twitter accounts in this team. If you call us on the number provided, we'll be able to help - Thomas

You sent

I tried and not going to waste my time again. Please take my detaiks, log it, fix it then report back. This is not hard and doesn't look like JUST my problem rather affecting many curve users too.

Tesco Bank

I'm sorry, this isn't something we are able to help with via social media. If you try calling back at another time, you should hopefully get through to us a bit quicker so my colleagues can help you with this - Melissa

Yesterday at 20:13
    20:13

You sent

Why? I am not asking something sensitive or confidential. I asked to check integration between Curve and Tesco cards. Why this is something which should be done over the phone? What else you need from me?
    Former Community Manager
    Hey @iliko, the same team deal with responses on Facebook, Twitter and Community and although we try to resolve as many queries that we can via these channels, we're limited on the functions that we are able to complete via digital contact methods. Advisors in that team are not able to confirm any account specific information or make changes to accounts. This means that the conversation above is correct in that we will need to speak to you to resolve this with the online helpdesk.
    Fresh Eyes
    Hey @iliko , the same team deal with responses on Facebook, Twitter and Community and although we try to resolve as many queries that we can via these channels, we're limited on the functions that we are able to complete via digital contact methods. Advisors in that team are not able to confirm any account specific information or make changes to accounts. This means that the conversation above is correct in that we will need to speak to you to resolve this with the online helpdesk.
    Hi Ross, if the query I am asking is generic and have impact on everyone you do not need to speak to me, do you. All you have to do is to check if the connectivity between Curve and Tesco is working or not. Collecting unneeded sensitive data is also against GDPR. So if you tell me how my Tesco Card number will help you to identify if the app is working or not, then maybe I will call again, But nobody addressed the issue with my long wait on the phone nor apologised for hanging up on me. Where is the guarantee it will not happen again and again?

Also, the "We will be making our API available to Third Party Providers (TPP) soon" is wrong message or people within Tesco are not aware that it is already working but they are continuing to misinform people.
    Former Community Manager
    @iliko We are not aware of any issues in general between our self and connecting with Curve. This should be working as normal. Should you wish to check your individual account and its connections then please contact our online helpdesk above. We do ask various questions to identify the customer including card number when you call.

Agreed that the message around the API is incorrect and will feed that back to the advisor who responded. This is outdated information as the API is now available as part of open banking.