Saving money – what’s your best tip?

Former Community Manager
    Here’s a question for you:

What’s the best bit of money-saving advice you’ve ever heard?

It could be anything from an easy hack to clever masterplan. And the more unusual it is, the better. We’d love to hear what you’ve got up your sleeve. If you have a pearl of wisdom that’s tried and tested – and has worked for you – please share the love below.

Here are some ideas to get you thinking:

• What did you wish you knew about saving or budgeting ten years ago?
    • What do you do day-to-day or week-to-week that’s made a difference for you?
    • Have you ever heard a tip that sounds kind of weird but actually really works?

Why are we asking?

We’re always looking for new ways to help our customers manage their money more easily every day. So we thought, who better to ask than our trusty The Community members?

By asking, we’re hoping to pull together some fresh ideas to inspire others. We’re looking to gather together some really smart thinking.

So what have you got? Over to you.

We’d love it if you could share a top tip by adding a comment below
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  • 2 Replies

Eagle eye
    I set all my bills as direct debit or standing orders - that way all the key payments are made! I then save money for the rest of the bills every month eg car, electric, diesel, car insurance, house insurance, rates, tv license! So as soon as the bills come in I pay them off straight away! It does work! Then u have nothing to worry about
    Community superstar
    When I was growing up my Mother taught me the basics of money and saving.

Pay all of your do's and demand's. Then you don't get behind with payment's and have nasty surprises.
    Then what is left is your's, half to spend and half to save.