Online banking app woes

Until the weekend, my online banking app ( android device) was working fine.
    Then on Sunday when trying to open the app I kept getting a message saying that online banking was temporarily unavailable, please try later.
    Today, after getting fed up waiting, I logged in via the Tesco banking website without any problems. I tried the app again and still got the ' please try later' message.
    I then uninstalled the app, reinstalled it, but when switching to my text service to retrieve the one time passcode sent to activate the app, the app goes to a blank white screen and froze.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, yet it did the same thing every time ( I tried 3 more times.)
    Again this evening, I can log into online banking via the website, yet the app just freezes?
  • 2 Replies

• Verified Answer

Verified Answer
    Good morning @Carew034,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the Tesco Bank app for Android.

My experience with Android is somewhat limited but if you download the app again, go into Settings>Apps/Apps Manager>Tesco Bank and tap Storage>Clear Cache does that solve the problem at all?

If not please send a Private Message to @Tesco-Bank with your name, address and date of birth and one of the team may be able to assist you.
    Community superstar
    Morning @Carew034

I'm sorry if you're still experiencing difficulties with the App.

If so send Tesco Bank a private message and ask them to look into this for you.

To do this click on this link Tesco-Bank then scroll down, on the left hand side click 'Send Private Message'.
    Complete it, click 'Submit Message' and this will send your message securely and privately.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.

You will receive a reply to your private message, with the appropriate response.

Warm wishes, Caz @25H