Applying for a current account

Hi, how long does it take to open an account with you? I got a letter asking me to send a copy of my bank statement and marriage certificate which I sent three weeks ago and I have received nothing back from Tesco yet?
  • 5 Replies

• Verified Answer

Employee
    Verified Answer
    Hi @coolchan1

Welcome to The Community and thanks for your post.

Sorry there has been a delay with your account. After documents are processed it would normally take 4 - 7 days for your card pin to arrive, followed a couple of days later by the current account card. It would be best to speak to one of the current account team on 0345 030 3170 they can check the documents were received and update you on what's happening regarding your application. The department is open Monday - Friday 8 am - 8pm and Saturday 9am - 5pm.

Thanks,

Margaret - Customer Care

*Mod Edit - please be aware we are no longer accepting new Current Account applications. Apologies for any inconvenience.
    Last edited by ChristopherP; 06-01-21 at 12:53. Reason: product update
    Thanks. I am very unhappy because Tesco wrote to me saying before you can open my account send my bank statement in and it had to be an original so I had to order it as I only get online statements. I sent this off only to find that didn't receive it. I said not a problem I would resend it. I then just spoke to someone who told me that you had done a new application and it was declined. I didn't give you permission to run a new application and secondly why was it not rejected the first time? That just leads a customer up the wrong path. Apart from checking to see who I say I am and I have no fraud I don't see why you can't open a basic bank account in this country anymore and also why it was accepted and then declined the second time. It is a joke.
    Employee
    Hi@coolchan1

I'm sorry about the issues you've had regarding your application. I have sent you a private message.

Thanks,
    Margaret- Customer Care

Hi Mary, I just wondered what the hold up was on the resolution to my complaint? I raised it almost a month ago and I have only received one letter to say it had been received and is being investigated in this time. What needs investigating. I was told the wrong information and the person should not of gone against my wishes. It is simple. Check the original letter I was sent and listen to my phone call on that day and Tesco is at fault. Not sure what is taking the team so long. Kind regards Chantal
    Employee

Hello again Chantal, I believe one of my colleagues has spoken with you recently and resolved your complaint. I hope you were happy with the response. Thanks - Margaret