Welcome to the Tesco Clubcard Pay+ group

View Tag Cloud
    Former Community Manager
    Hey @Lparker just wanted to see if you got everything sorted? I noticed you mentioned me but I never got a notification. To mention someone in the community, type @ just before their names. The member you've mentioned will then get a notification to say you have tagged them :)
    Supervisor
    Hello @RossM,

Out of interest is the Clubcard Pay+ Visa Debit card capable of offline transactions e.g. pay at pump?

Many thanks.
    Last edited by KellyT; 12-08-21 at 09:49.
    Former Community Manager
    Hey @chaddman30, good question! Our Clubcard Pay+ debit card does require the merchant to check if you have enough money to pay for the transaction (i.e. an online transaction) when you purchase goods in most scenarios. However, because we felt it was important to be able to pay for your petrol using Clubcard Pay+ we have enabled the card to allow one Pay@Pump transaction per day.
    Window shopper
    Hi @RossM. I applied for Clubcard Pay+ today and was pleasantly surprised at how smooth and fast the sign up process was. One thing I'd like to know while I wait for my card in the post is whether Apple Pay and Google Pay are supported? Now more than ever mobile payment is undeniably valuable since contactless needs to be authorised using chip and pin every so often and when spending over a certain amount, and also lacks the biometric security of Apple and Google Pay.
    Eagle eye
    Hi @RossM. I applied for Clubcard Pay+ today and was pleasantly surprised at how smooth and fast the sign up process was. One thing I'd like to know while I wait for my card in the post is whether Apple Pay and Google Pay are supported? Now more than ever mobile payment is undeniably valuable since contactless needs to be authorised using chip and pin every so often and when spending over a certain amount, and also lacks the biometric security of Apple and Google Pay.

I am interested in this, too. Also, will we actually get the Clubcard points when using the Clubcard debit card with Apple or Google Pay?
    Last edited by KellyT; 12-08-21 at 09:50.
    Former Community Manager
    @lion @Lonford, I'm afraid that at the moment, the card is not able to be added to Google or Apple Pay Wallets. I will record your comments as feedback as something you would like us to introduce :)
    Eagle eye
    @RossM, if I used the Clubcard debit card with Curve, will I still get the Clubcard points?
    Former Community Manager
    @lion You would receive the general points (1 point per pound spent in Tesco), but no additional points would be given if using Curve as the transaction would go through as a Curve Transaction rather than that Clubcard Pay+.
    Last edited by KellyT; 12-08-21 at 09:50.
    Eagle eye
    @RossM, it is very disappointing that Tesco only give the benefits of the new card to people who carry and use the physical card. Many of us, especially younger people (though I am 67 myself!) have grown out of the habit of carrying cards. Instead, we prefer paying with Apple/Google/GarminPay, on our phones or on our smartwatches. This preference has accelerated with the pandemic.
    On the look out
    @RossM , it is very disappointing that Tesco only give the benefits of the new card to people who carry and use the physical card. Many of us, especially younger people (though I am 67 myself!) have grown out of the habit of carrying cards. Instead, we prefer paying with Apple/Google/GarminPay, on our phones or on our smartwatches. This preference has accelerated with the pandemic.

Agreed here, even just supporting the two main payment platforms of Apple & Google Pay will be better than either only Apple or none at all.

The annoyance is eased with Pay+ and then anything outside of Tesco I process all my payments through Curve with Tesco as the underlying. It's annoying to have to use a seperate payment processor but needs must I suppose...