Section 75 Credit Card Claim - Is the Bank Acting Legally?

Hi,

Has anyone had any success with a Section 75 claim for their Tesco Bank Credit Card? I bought faulty goods and started a chargeback claim. However, I realised that I should have done a Section 75 because of the amount. When I called, the operator told me I could only do a chargeback claim and had to wait 120 days before I could submit a Section 75. I didn't think this was right so did some research and found it wasn't. I also compared the information on the Tesco Bank website with other banks (e.g. Santander, MBNA, Barclays etc) and found that the Tesco Bank website is misleading because it confuses Chargeback and Section 75 (one is an agreement to get SOME money back the other is a law to get ALL your money back). I emailed them to draw their attention to this and they've gone VERY quiet, in fact they have ignored me. Their ratings on Trustpilot are appalling and so it seems like I'm not alone.

I wondered if/how successful other people have been claiming money back for faulty goods bought online with a Tesco credit Card, specifically calling on S75 legislation to recover all money (not just that paid/deposited on the card)?
  • 2 Replies

Your Community Expert
    Hi @MarkAD, I'm very sorry that you've had issues with getting this sorted. I'd like to look into this for you so please send us a private message to @Tesco-Bank and we can look into this further. I hope this helps! 😊
    Community superstar
    Hi @MarkAD

I see JoeC has responded to your message and has offered to look into this for you.

To send Tesco Bank a private message click on this link Tesco-Bank then scroll down, on the left hand side click 'Send Private Message'.
    Complete it, click 'Submit Message' and this will send your message securely and privately.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.

You will receive a reply to your private message, with the appropriate response.

Warm wishes, Caz @25H