Overpaid on balance transfer...

Just looking
    Hello!

Wonder if anyone can help; we opened a new card with another bank for balance transfer as better rates. When I signed up, I set up the balance transfer but had no confirmation it was successful. When I received the new card, I did a balance transfer, however I didn’t realise the other one had also been set up. So we’re £3,200
    in credit on our Tesco card.

Rang up, spoke to an exceptionally rude advisor who took our current account details and said the money would be paid into that so we could pay off our new card with the excess. Received a letter today asking us to call so we did. Apparently what we had been advised isnt a thing and they’re unable to pay the money into our account and they couldn’t pay the money to our new card. So, the case has been escalated to the payment team who will investigate and call us back Tuesday.

Can anyone explain why this is and what is happening?!

thanks!
  • 6 Replies

Community superstar
    Hi Stella @stellastevens2008

I'm sorry to hear about this.

If you have a credit balance on your account, you can request a refund for your exact credit balance on your account as a money transfer. You can do this yourself through online banking or by using the mobile app.

Please note, you can only request a money transfer to move the amount of funds you are in credit by. For example, if you are in credit of £3,200(showing as -£3,200), please only transfer the £3,200

Online Banking

• Select your credit card account
    • From the drop down menu, select Money transfer and follow the instructions

Mobile Banking App

• Select Account management
    • Select Money transfer and then follow the on screen instructions

When this type of refund is processed, you may incur a money transfer fee. Rest assured that Tesco automatically refund this to you within 10 working days and there is no need to contact them.

Hope this helps!!!

Have a lovely weekend, Caz @25H
    Just looking
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply. The app won’t let me in now, apparently it’s closed 🤷🏻‍♀️ So we’re kind of at Tesco Banks mercy!

What does it mean that it’s been referred to the Payment Team??

I don’t know how they’d refund it to us as they said it wasn’t possible to send it to our Santander current account. They also said they couldn’t pay it to our new Sainsbury’s card.

Can you advise on this?
    Community superstar
    Hi @stellastevens2008

Don't worry, Tesco will return the credit that's on your account.

I'm guessing you've closed your Tesco Credit Card account and that is why you cannot get onto the app.
    The Payment Team will need to check the credit balance is there and they'll need at least one working day which is why they will call you on Tuesday before they can return the credit that's on your account.

For a full explanation you could send Tesco Bank a private message from here.

Click on this link Tesco-Bank then scroll down, on the left hand side click 'Send Private Message'.
    Complete it with your full name, date of birth and postcode along with details.
    Click 'Submit Message' and this will send your message securely and privately.

You will receive a reply to your private message, with the appropriate response.

Warm wishes, Caz @25H
    Eagle eye
    Hi @stellastevens2008, as suggested by @25H, please send us a private message so we can look into this further for you.
    Community superstar
    Hi @stellastevens2008

I see @TrinhO has offered to look into this for you.
    Please follow my instructions to send a Private Message to Tesco Bank.

Warm wishes, Caz @25H
    Above and beyond
    Hi @stellastevens2008

Please don’t worry, Tesco Bank will definitely return the credit balance to your account.

The Payment Team require at least one working day, so the earliest is Tuesday before they can return the credit on your account.

For a full explanation you could send Tesco Bank a private message from here.

Please click on this link Tesco-Bank then scroll down, on the left hand side click 'Send Private Message'.

Complete it with your full name, date of birth and postcode along with details.

Click 'Submit Message' and this will send your message securely and privately.

You will receive a reply to your private message with confirmation.

Best wishes, Chris, @CSKBrambles