Change of car

On the look out
    I might be looking to change my car next week. Ive put the info in on my policy & its come up with a one off payment or an increase on my monthly payments but i cant see anywhere where it tells me how much the car insurance on the other car is per year
  • 3 Replies

• Verified Answer

Above and beyond
    Verified Answer
    Hi AndyRyan70

This should only take a few minutes via Your Insurance Account.

If completed online your premium may change but you won't have to pay the £25 administration fee.

• Once you log in, select the policy you want to make the change on and then click 'Make Changes'
    • Click 'Change car' from the drop down menu
    • Select the date you want your change to take effect from, read the statements carefully and if accepted, click 'Confirm'
    • Please enter your new registration and click 'Find my car'
    • If the vehicle details are correct please click 'Continue'. If the details are not correct, please select 'This is not my car' and manually enter the correct details. Once complete, select 'Continue'
    • You will then be presented with the cost to make the change and the option of adding any optional extras to your policy whilst making the change
    • If you're happy and want to go ahead, click 'Go to checkout'. If you do not want to go ahead, click 'Back to your account'

Best Wishes, Chris, @CSKBrambles
  • Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    Hey @AndyRyan70, thank you for getting in touch. You are completing the right steps online to make the change, as only the cost to change this will be displayed. This won't display the full cost for the year, as your original quote still stands. You just need to pay the cost of updating your vehicle, and the difference in price will be displayed. At your next renewal, the quote will be given for your new car.

You can also complete a separate quote online for the full year, however if you wished to take this, you'd need to cancel your existing policy with us and take out your new quote. However, this would incur cancellation fees. The price of insurance can vary, so even the quoted price now for any insurance would likely change when you reach your renewal date. Many factors are used to calculate this by underwriters. Thanks for helping out @25H and @CSKBrambles. I hope this clarifies things :)
    Last edited by CherylV; 13-03-21 at 09:53. Reason: Wrong name
    Community superstar
    Hi @AndyRyan70

The best solution is to give the Car Insurance team a quick call on 0345 246 2895 or 0113 209 3098 (Mon-Fri 8am – 8pm, Sat & Sun 9am – 2pm)
    Have your insurance policy number at hand and the team will be only too happy to help.

Hope you have a lovely weekend, Caz @25H