How to track a missing refund???

Just looking
    Easy Jet have told me that 3 refunds have been processed on 23rd Feb21 and should now be back onto my credit card - they are not.

I spoke to tescobank customer services who told me to contact Easy Jet again and ask them to check the payments before going ahead with a charge back.

Easy Jet said I need to wait until they give me a 19 digit transaction code which I then give to tescobank so you can trace the missing payment. - Does this sound correct as the lady I spoke to today at tesco bank said no numbers were needed either the money was on my card or it wasn't????

How to I track where the refund has gone???
  • 9 Replies

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    Hey @ingridkench, thank you for getting in touch. I’m sorry to hear about this. Usually if the merchant has definitely refunded you, we should be able to see it on our systems and you should also be able to see it on your balance and your next statement.

It can take from 10-15 days for refunds to show on the account, once the merchant has confirmed this has been done. The number the merchant is referring to is when they have confirmation that the refund has successfully went through and been applied. This may be why they’re advising you to wait for this, as it may not have fully processed yet on their end.

Please send us a private message to @Tesco-Bank and we can discuss this further. Thank you @heanor_man_34 and @25H for helping out here 😊
  • Verified Answer

Above and beyond
    Verified Answer
    Hi @ingridkench

I have received a number of similar refunds to my Credit Card.

It took 2-3 weeks from processing until finally appearing on my balance.

Don't worry though, once it has been processed it will definitely arrive.

Refunds are automatically paid to the same card from where payment was made.

Best Wishes, Chris, @CSKBrambles

Good evening,

Sorry to hear this. I can only imagine how frustrating it is for you.

Admittedly the article refers to Chargebacks but I wonder if the timescales are the same for Merchant refunds:

If you’ve not received a refund that you’re due from a retailer then we may be able to reimburse you with a chargeback. Please note, we must allow up to 15 days for the retailer to issue a refund.

It might be worth sending a Private Message to @Tesco-Bank including your full name, date of birth and postcode along with the nature of your enquiry.

Hopefully one of the team will be able to get this resolved for you.
    Community superstar
    Hi @ingridkench

I'm so sorry to hear this.

I've had several refunds paid to my Tesco Credit Card from Easyjet, however when they processed my refunds it took a while before it actually showed as a credit on my account, sometimes a few weeks.

What you could do is send Tesco Bank a private message from here and ask them to look into this for you.

Click on this link Tesco-Bank then scroll down, on the left hand side click 'Send Private Message'.
    Complete it, click 'Submit Message' and this will send your message securely and privately.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode along with your credit card details.

You will receive a reply to your private message, with the appropriate response.

Warm wishes, Caz @25H
    Just looking
    Many Thanks for this. I was concerned because a 4th payment went to my husband's credit card immediately but the 3 I was waiting for never arrived. Since I rang Easy Jet yesterday and stressed I would do a charge back in 7 days time if it still wasn't sort all refunds have arrived this morning!!!!

Thanks again for your support and help.
    Community superstar
    That's great news @ingridkench

I'm really pleased its all sorted for you.

Have a lovely weekend, Caz
    @25H
    On a similar issue, I'm expecting a refund from my holiday company for payments made on my credit card a year ago. They will be refunding the payments to the same account number. However in that time since the payments, Tesco Bank have twice cancelled and reissued my credit card with new card numbers. Will the refunds made to the old card number be matched and applied to the latest new card number?

Thanks
    Community superstar
    Hi @ballardpd

When your refunds come through they will automatically be applied to your new card number so there will be nothing for you to do 😀

Hope this helps!!!

Warm wishes, Caz @25H
    Former Community Manager
    Thanks for answering here @25H, that's very helpful information :)