Mindfulness during lockdown

Your Community Expert
    Hey everyone,

I wanted to reach out to the Community to see if anyone has been practising any mindfulness during lockdown? During these uncertain times, I’ve found meditation and yoga to be really useful to help stay centred and calm. Even a few minutes of meditation before bed at night is a good way to unwind and relax! There are many Apps out there that give an easy introduction if you’re a newbie, with Headspace and Calm being two of my favourites.

There are lots of great resources online for yoga and Pilates too, whether you’re a beginner or an experienced Yogi. One I would highly recommend is ‘Yoga with Adriene’ on YouTube as there is something available for all levels and abilities. At the beginning of the year I completed a 30-day Yoga course called ‘Breath’, and since then I’ve been continuing with yoga most mornings. It helps me feel refreshed and rejuvenated for the day ahead 😊

I’d love to hear if anyone else has any tips or mindfulness practices that they find useful?
  • 3 Replies

Your Community Expert
    These are excellent tips @KellyT :) So glad you've been able to use these! Interesting fact - mindfulness and meditation actually rewires the brain and provides further clarity in your thinking. It's sometimes hard to get going (or see the point initially), but with practice, it's so calming.

Glad to see you're still continuing yoga! I managed to get myself a mat and block at the start of lockdown, but didn't pick it back up until months in. Really noticing the benefits of practicing yoga a few times per week - I'd love to get to everyday though. Also highly recommend boho beautiful on Youtube! This YouTuber takes you to beautiful locations while instructing the yoga class and her voice is truly lovely to listen to.

Another method of mindfulness that I practice is get into nature, listen to the wildlife and observe the scenery. It really helps to be present and just remind yourself to keep a clear mind, even for a small amount of time.

I'll definitely take a look at your suggestions for yoga! I really love headspace and calm too, excellent apps. I'm keen to hear everyone else's tips too, it's always good to try something new :)
    Above and beyond
    Hi @KellyT

I think it's brilliant that you've found something you enjoy that works for you !

It would be wasted on me though, i'm permanently calm and relaxed, just lucky i guess.

I'm fast asleep the moment my head touches the pillow...sorry about that !
    Community superstar
    I was asked by a friend to go to yoga classes a few years ago, not for me I think!!
    Great that it works for you @KellyT 😀

I'm relaxed most of the time so I don't think it'll be something I'll be taking up.

I like to go on walks, well its more of a sprint and like @CherylV going into the countryside to see what's happening and take in the scenery.