Temporary Security Number

Just looking
    I've got a new mobile, my old one got cancelled within 24 hours when i switched (was expecting 30 days notice)

I'm now logging into all of my old apps which need verification before I can log in, a lot via text message.

Am I right in thinking that an option is to get a Temporary Security Number sent out to me to reset my online banking?

Cheers

Fallaize
  • 4 Replies

• Verified Answer

Community superstar
    Verified Answer
    Hi @Fallaize57

I'm sorry to hear the difficulties you're experiencing.

Yes, you can get a Temporary Security Number if:

• You've locked your security number, you're using a browser on a computer or mobile device we don't recognise and we don't have your up to date mobile phone number
    • You've locked your password, you're using a browser on a computer or mobile device we don't recognise and we don't have your up to date mobile phone number.

If you know your security number and security questions, you can call Tesco Bank on 0345 300 3511 and update your mobile number.

Alternatively, Tesco can post this to your home address.

The Temporary Security Number is valid for 30 days. When you use this code to log in, you'll need to reset your all your security details.

Hope this helps!!

Warm wishes, Caz @25H
  • Verified Answer

Above and beyond
    Verified Answer
    Hi @Fallaize57

I'm sorry to hear about this, a Temporary Security Number is issued for the reasons below.

• You've locked your security number, you're using a browser on a computer or mobile device we don't recognise and we don't have your up to date mobile phone number
    • You've locked your password, you're using a browser on a computer or mobile device we don't recognise and we don't have your up to date mobile phone number.

To arrange please call Tesco Bank on 0345 300 3511 to update for you.
    This can be completed with you over the phone, or you can choose to have it posted.

Please note a Temporary Security Number is only valid for 30 days.

When you first use this code to log in, you'll need to reset your security details.

Best Wishes, Chris, @CSKBrambles

Your Community Expert
    Hey @Fallaize57, thanks for your message. If you still have the same mobile number, we can arrange a TSN for you here if you send a private message to @Tesco-Bank. Otherwise, please give us a call on the number posted by @25H and @CSKBrambles above.
    Community superstar
    Hi @Fallaize57

I see ChristopherP has suggested you send Tesco Bank a private message and they can issue you with a Temporary Security Number if you have the same mobile number.

To send a private message click on this link Tesco-Bank then scroll down, on the left hand side click 'Send Private Message'.
    Complete it, click 'Submit Message' and this will send your message securely and privately.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode along with your mobile number.

You will receive a reply to your private message.

Have a lovely weekend, Caz @25H