If You Could Eliminate One Thing From Your Daily Routine. What Would It Be And Why?

View Tag Cloud
    Former Community Manager
    So this one is easy for me. Hoovering!! I have no idea why my house seems to accumulate all the crumbs, fluff and hair in the world and decide to spread it all over my nice clean floor, but no matter how many times I hoover, it is a job that is never-ending. I want to break free from my Hoover and even invested in a new Shark! I can only assume that my children have decided to keep crumbs in boxes and randomly drop them around the house when I am sleeping. Does hoovering also annoy you or if you could eliminate one thing from your daily routine, what would it be and why?
  • 16 Replies

So this one is easy for me. Hoovering!! I have no idea why my house seems to accumulate all the crumbs, fluff and hair in the world and decide to spread it all over my nice clean floor, but no matter how many times I hoover, it is a job that is never-ending. I want to break free from my Hoover and even invested in a new Shark! I can only assume that my children have decided to keep crumbs in boxes and randomly drop them around the house when I am sleeping. Does hoovering also annoy you or if you could eliminate one thing from your daily routine, what would it be and why?

In my case it would be the commute to and from work, especially when things are "normal" (remember those days?!) and there's a lot of traffic on the road meaning, at times, I need to leave up to an hour earlier to make sure I arrive early enough 😂.

Hoovering doesn't bother me so much... I feel like it's a mini form of exercise! However I don't have children... might be a different story if I did!
    Community superstar
    I have to agree with you @RossM this is a daily issue for me too!!
    And I don't have children.

I can empathise with you @heanor_man_34 as I'm in your part of the country and I know the area well.
    When I use to leave work off an industrial estate it would often take 30 minutes to travel just half a mile by car.

However for me it would have to be cleaning windows, mirror's and glass its just a job I've always dis-liked doing.
    In particular, after cleaning windows the following day they look like they need doing again
    Former Community Manager
    In my case it would be the commute to and from work

I do miss my commute at times, it was a perfect opportunity for me to read on the train! I do read less now I'm working from home.
    @25H This is also a task I don't like, I stay close to a yard that sells stone and the amount of dust and dirt that I have on the outside of my windows gets unbearable at times. I feel that it is dirty a few moments after cleaning them :(
    Your Community Expert
    For me this is easily putting a washing on. I hate all aspects of it, be that sorting the clothes into different piles, shoving them into the machine, hanging up the wet clothes that are now 10x heavier. It's all a pain.

The absolute worst part of it would be how noisy the washing machine is. I can hear my washing machine in every room in my house and can be so distracting.
    Community Manager
    Ironing - I detest it! I don't do it daily but would love to never see an iron again in my life.

Hoovering however, I absolutely love! Anything cleaning related is something I enjoy, it de-stresses me and always makes me feel better. My kids love cleaning too and my son has a hoover obsession. He watches henry hoover videos on youtube all the time 😊
    Former Community Manager
    My kids love cleaning too and my son has a hoover obsession. He watches henry hoover videos on youtube all the time 😊

Wonder who they get that from? 😬

I can hardly get my son to pick up plates from his room, let alone clean!
    Community superstar

[QUOTE=sarah_d;37724]Ironing - I detest it! I don't do it daily but would love to never see an iron again in my life.

I love ironing @sarah_d I find it therapeutic!!
    It's great to wash, get everything dry, ironed and put everything away all in the same day 😁 (weather permitting)
    Window shopper
    eating to much, its not healthy and makes my clothes shrink 😂
    Former Community Manager
    eating to much, its not healthy and makes my clothes shrink 😂

I've spent the last few months trying to lose lockdown weight gain from to many takeaways 😂

if anyone has any fitness tips, I would love to hear them.