Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

Holiday deposit - company gone bust
    23-02-21 , 12:37

I paid a deposit for a ski holiday with my Tesco credit card. The company then went into administration and the administrators advised me to claim the deposit back from the credit card company. I have made two claims to Tesco so far both of which have been rejected with the phrase ‘Based on the information you gave us, we couldn’t find a breach of contract. Unfortunately, this means we’re unable to progress this dispute on your behalf at this time’
    This doesn’t give me any information as to why my claim has been rejected. I supplied all the relevant information to both claims, including letters from the administration company.
    I have also posted a message here on this site but have not received a response.

What more can I do to rectify this situation?
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 651
    Given: 339

23-02-21 , 13:40

Hi Angela @AngelaTownsend

I'm really sorry to hear this.

As you state that the company has ceased trading you need to get the details of the administrator or receiver, this is the person who is dealing with settling the trader’s debts.
    Contact them and notify them that you are owed money.
    The names of those administrators will usually be found on the website of the company that’s gone bust. You’ll need this information if you need to make a claim.

If you need more assistance you can contact the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 0808 223 1133 where a trained adviser can give you advice over the phone. You can also use this: an online form.

Also, some advice from Martin Lewis - Money Saving Expert: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/tr...oliday-rights/

With regard to your claim with Tesco Bank you could send them a private message.
    To do this click on this link Tesco-Bank then scroll down, on the left hand side click 'Send Private Message'.
    Complete it, click 'Submit Message' and this will send your message securely and privately.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode along with details.

You will receive a reply to your private message, with the appropriate response.

Hope this helps!!!

Warm wishes, Caz
    @25H
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 416
    Given: 1,034

23-02-21 , 14:08

Hi @AngelaTownsend

This is a nightmare scenario ! here’s a couple of links to assist with progressing your claim.

https://www.gov.uk/register-creditor-bankruptcy

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/co...ard-or-paypal/

Best wishes, Chris, @CSKBrambles
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 11

23-02-21 , 14:14

Hi @AngelaTownsend, I'm very sorry to hear this. As advised above, please send us a private message to @Tesco-Bank along with your full name, DOB and postcode and we can look into this further for you.
    @25H and @CSKBrambles , thanks as always for your help!
© 2021 Tescobank.com All rights reserved
Sitemap