Thumbs Up
    Received: 339
    Given: 430

What are your drinks of choice?
    19-02-21 , 13:01

It is my Birthday next week, so my partner and I where thinking about what we can do to celebrate during lockdown. We've decided on Sushi and a Cocktail night since we can't go out. This got me thinking about what drinks our Community love? For me it has to be a Mojito! Although I've never been to Cuba, the rum based cocktail reminds me of being on holiday and happy times. I actually have previously grown my own mint for the sole purpose of adding to the cocktail. There is just something about the citric taste never fails to excite and has me drooling for next weekend.

What are some of your favourite Alcoholic or non-Alcaholic drinks? I need some inspiration from the Community and I'll be sure to post pics after next week :)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 444
    Given: 1,068

19-02-21 , 14:27

My favourite cocktail 🍹 Long Island Iced Tea

I had a couple of these in a bar about 25 years ago, the rest is just a blur !

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/long-island-iced-tea

Enjoy !

​​​​​​​
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 804
    Given: 449

19-02-21 , 15:04

One of my favourites, called a Sombrero, after this was introduced to me and led to an afternoon and evening of drinking by the beach when I was on an island on the Barrier Reef.

Sounds like a great idea RossM
    🍸

Name:  Sombrero.jpg
Views: 1010
Size:  6.0 KB
    Thumbs Up

19-02-21 , 16:12

Long Island Iced Tea is Rocket Fuel @CSKBrambles , I'm not surprised it was a blur!!

What is in a Sombrero @25H ?
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 804
    Given: 449

19-02-21 , 16:33

Here's the recipe: https://www.thespruceeats.com/sombre...-recipe-759459

Or for something a little more alcoholic there's the White Russian: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/white-russian

Have a lovely weekend @RossM
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 29

19-02-21 , 16:54

@RossM Happy Birthday when it comes!

As for drinks, I'm a simple man. Happy with a pint in hand, or a cheeky double vodka as the night goes on.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 18

21-02-21 , 16:26

Happy birthday for next week @RossM ! I’m a big fan of Mojitos too, and piña coladas. 🍹 Both remind me of being on holiday in the sun, distant memories sadly for now!

I’ve also been really enjoying trying some different craft beers recently. And on cold days you really can’t beat a nice warm cup of tea! ☕️
    Thumbs Up

22-02-21 , 12:40

@25H I love a White Russian, but as I'm lactose intorolant it doesn't like me. I started having Black Russians that just substitute the Cream for Cola!
    @crb227 any favourite craft beers? Once of my post lockdown activities will be visiting the Drygate Brewery as this isn't to far from me and trying different beers sounds like a good afternoon out :)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 102
    Given: 135

27-02-21 , 09:08

My go-to cocktail has to be a Mojito too :) I also recently got a 'Lockdown survival kit' that includes 24 different types of craft beers.. There's some interesting flavours so I'm excited to try some of those! @RossM hope you have a nice birthday!
  • heanor_man_34

01-03-21 , 12:41

When I was legally old enough to drink I once made the mistake of trying a well-known brand of Gin and never liked the taste.

Then, a couple of years ago, when it started to grow in popularity I tried it again. This one, made by the same company, has Rangpur Limes in it so, with Lemonade, it tastes like a cheeky Lemon and Lime flavoured soft drink!
© 2021 Tescobank.com All rights reserved
Sitemap