Missing Refund Payment - Where Did The Payment Go?

Just looking
    Hi all,

I have raised a ChargeBack request to resolve a missing refund from a merchant.

I was after some advise as the merchant is based in Germany, so they made the refund via IBAN using the following payment details;

BIC: MIDLGB22
    IBAN: GB77MIDL40025031316044

Please note they forgot to add my Credit Card number on the payment reference, instead they used my name.

They claim the payment went through, but where has the money gone?
    Some kind of holding account at Tesco Bank (HSBC)?

I had conflicting information from the Tesco Bank customer service desk, one person said the funds would be siting on an unallocated account, but the second said the payment would've been cancelled and the funds returned to merchant within 2 business days. The merchant claims they haven't received the funds back yet and that was over a week ago.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Corey
  • 3 Replies

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    Hi @CoreyDavide, I'm sorry to hear this. So we can look into this for you, please send us a private message to @Tesco-Bank with your full name, DOB and postcode. We will then be able to take a look at your account. I hope this helps!
    Good afternoon,

Sorry to hear you've got an issue with receiving a refund and I'm hoping you're able to get this sorted.

If you send a Private Message to @Tesco-Bank along with your name, address and date of birth and one of the team will be able to look into this for you.

I hope you're able to get this resolved.

Community superstar
    Hi @CoreyDavide

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please send Tesco Bank a private message and ask them to look into this for you
    Click on this link Tesco-Bank then scroll down, on the left hand side click 'Send Private Message'.
    Complete it, click 'Submit Message' and this will send your message securely and privately.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode along with your account details.

You will receive a reply to your private message, with the appropriate response.

Hope this helps!! Caz @25H