Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

Repaying loan
    12-02-21 , 10:28

Hi, I'm trying to do a bank transfer online to make a payment to my loan account. Can someone tell me what to put in the payee details please as I've tried Tesco Bank, Tesco Loans and my name and its not verified when my bank are checking.
    ​​​​​​​
    Click below to see solutions
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 85

Best Answer
    12-02-21 , 10:40

Hi @andreb75, thanks for getting in touch. I've added a link below with some more information about making additional payments to your loan. As long as you enter the sort code and account number of your loan correctly then this transfer should go through. The payee name is really for your own reference only. Can I just check which bank you're with?

​​​​​​​https://yourcommunity.tescobank.com/...nts-to-my-loan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 416
    Given: 1,034

12-02-21 , 11:45

Hi @andreb75

In payee details, please enter the sort code and account number for your loan.

The payee name is just for your own reference.

​​​​​​​I hope this clarifies everything for you.

Best wishes, Chris, @CSKBrambles
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 651
    Given: 339

12-02-21 , 12:18

Hi @andreb75

You simply need to ensure the sort code and account number of your loan are entered so the payment goes to your account.

Have a lovely weekend, Caz @25H
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

12-02-21 , 12:51

Hi, I'm with NatWest. When you do a payment/transfer it needs a payee name. I understand that i need to use the loan account number and sort code and my name as the reference but its quite a large amount of money so need to make sure its going to the right place!

Thanks for your reply.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 85

12-02-21 , 12:58

Are you able to try again using your own name as the reference?
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 651
    Given: 339

12-02-21 , 13:06

Hi @andreb75

I can understand as it is a large amount you want it to go to your account.

The payee name is you and the loan sort code and account number is specific to you so when you enter these details Tesco Bank will know it is you that has made the payment. Please ensure you enter these details correctly.

As an alternative you can pay over the phone - by calling 0345 600 6016 by debit card, which must be in your name and registered to your home address.
    Or you could send a cheque, although this will take longer to credit your account - made payable to ‘Tesco Bank’ with your loan account number and sort code written on the back and post cheques to Tesco Bank, Loans PO Box 27014, Glasgow G2 9FE.

Hope this helps!!! Caz @25H
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101
    Given: 47

16-02-21 , 16:53

Sorry to jump on this thread quite late on after some helpful replies but in addition to double checking the payment details with NatWest once you enter the sort code it does show who it belongs to e.g. Tesco Bank and will prompt you a couple of times to ensure you trust the person/business you're sending the money to.
© 2021 Tescobank.com All rights reserved
Sitemap