Changing login email address

Window shopper
    I want to change my login email address for Tesco Bank, but the only option I can see is for 'contact address'. I have changed this to my new address (first image below), but it does not allow me to log in using the new address (second image), I still have to use my old address. I will soon be closing the email account associated with my login address and need this changed over. Is this possible?

Name:  1.png
Views: 1638
Size:  10.7 KB
    Name:  2.PNG
Views: 1573
Size:  26.1 KB
  • 8 Replies

• Verified Answer

Community superstar
    Verified Answer
    Hi @MG42

Login and at the top choose 'settings'.
    Then click on the down arrow and choose 'Manage my security details'.
    Complete new 'Username' and confirm with your 'Password', then click change.

Hope this helps!! Caz @25H
    Community superstar
    Hi @MG42

After logging into Tesco Bank online go to the top of the page and click 'Settings' and select 'Personal details' from the drop down list.
    Scroll down to your personal details and click edit.
    From there you can change your email address details.
    To update your contact information, please click on the blue box 'Update your contact details'.
    Confirmation will appear at the top of the screen to confirm your details have been updated.

If you're still having difficulties please send Tesco Bank a private message from here and ask them to look into this for you.
    To do this click on this link Tesco-Bank then scroll down, on the left hand side click 'Send Private Message'.
    Complete it, click 'Submit Message' and this will send your message securely and privately.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.

You will receive a reply to your private message, with the appropriate response.

Warm wishes, Caz @25H
    Window shopper
    Hi @MG42

After logging into Tesco Bank online go to the top of the page and click 'Settings' and select 'Personal details' from the drop down list.
    Scroll down to your personal details and click edit.
    From there you can change your email address details.
    To update your contact information, please click on the blue box 'Update your contact details'.
    Confirmation will appear at the top of the screen to confirm your details have been updated.

Hi @25H,

As stated in the original post, I have already changed my email address in the personal details section, but this only changes my contact email address not my login email address.
    Above and beyond
    Hi @MG42

You first need to log in using your existing email address, then....

1. go to the top of the page and click 'Settings'

2. Select 'Personal details' from the drop down list.

3. Scroll down to your personal details and click edit.

4. Click on the blue box 'Update your contact details' this will allow you to change your email address.

Please note that yopur contact email address is the same for log in.

Confirmation is displayed at the top of the screen, your details have been updated.

That's it ! Best Regards, Chris, @CSKBrambles
    Your Community Expert
    Thanks for stepping in to help @CSKBrambles and @25H! @MG42 have you been able to get this updated now? If not, please send over a private message to @Tesco-Bank, and I'll be able to take a closer look.
    Community superstar
    Hi @MG42

I see KellyT has offered to take a closer look if you've not been able to complete your update.

Do let us know on here how you got on 😀

Have a lovely weekend, Caz @25H
    Window shopper
    Hi @MG42

Login and at the top choose 'settings'.
    Then click on the down arrow and choose 'Manage my security details'.
    Complete new 'Username' and confirm with your 'Password', then click change.

Hope this helps!! Caz @25H

Hi @25H

Unfortunately that hasn't worked either. I now get this error:

Name:  1.PNG
Views: 1496
Size:  29.7 KB

EDIT: Actually although it gave me the above error, it looks like I can now log in using my new address. Thanks for you help @25H - much appreciated! 😃
    Last edited by MG42; 13-02-21 at 06:05. Reason: update
    Community superstar
    Great news @MG42 😀

So happy to help!!

Have a great weekend, Caz @25H