Meet Ross our new community manager

Former Community Manager
    Ross has joined our team as Community Manager, he’ll be engaging with our 100,000 members, connecting and supporting the community. In this interview, Ross tells us more about himself and what he hopes to achieve in his new role.

Ross, tell us a bit about your career so far

I’ve been with Tesco Bank since 2010, starting in the Insurance team. Before this, I held various roles within the claims teams at both Royal Bank of Scotland and Aviva insurance, including Claims Handler and Litigation Avoidance Advisor. I first learned of the The Community page when I joined the Social Media team around 5 years ago and have been replying to customers on both social and community channels ever since.

What about yourself?

My partner and I have 3 children who take up most of our spare time. When we get a moment, we love attending concerts, eating out, and going on long family walks through the countryside. I also really enjoy gaming and can regularly be found in my self-made ‘Man Cave’ playing the latest releases. I am a member of lots of gaming communities and it is there that I first found my love for forums and community pages.

What do you think you will bring to our community?

I have a huge passion for building communities. In my spare time, I have been involved in the creation and running of many different communities away from my workplace. I hope to use this experience to make sure the Tesco Bank community is highly engaged, motivated to post, and shares my passion for the page. I plan to continue to carry out our promise that no question will go unanswered and developing the support that is available to you all.

What’s your message to our individual members?

Talk to me! I think I’m a good listener and I love to hear people talk about things they are interested in or ideas they have to improve the page. Send me a PM or tag me in a post and I promise to respond as soon as I can.

Is there anything you would change in The Community?

I feel like our community could have a greater sense of togetherness; everyone is there to connect with Tesco Bank, but not always to each other. So, my main focus is on building up the community and strengthening connections between members. I will be contacting some of our most active users shortly to discuss ideas I have to improve this.

What are you most excited about in your new role as Community Manager?

Seeing The Community grow and encouraging new and existing members to participate in helping each other. What isn’t nice about helping someone? We’re also working on some great plans to continue recognising these people – so keep an eye out for announcements! As I say, although I am new to this role, I am not new to the page. I really can’t wait to get started and work alongside Sarah and the rest of the team.

Attached Images Attached Images  
  • 10 Replies

Ross has joined our team as Community Manager, heâll be engaging with our 100,000 members, connecting and supporting the community. In this interview, Ross tells us more about himself and what he hopes to achieve in his new role.

âââââââ
    Ross, tell us a bit about your career so far

Iâve been with Tesco Bank since 2010, starting in the Insurance team. Before this, I held various roles within the claims teams at both Royal Bank of Scotland and Aviva insurance, including Claims Handler and Litigation Avoidance Advisor. I first learned of the The Community page when I joined the Social Media team around 5 years ago and have been replying to customers on both social and community channels ever since.

What about yourself?

My partner and I have 3 children who take up most of our spare time. When we get a moment, we love attending concerts, eating out, and going on long family walks through the countryside. I also really enjoy gaming and can regularly be found in my self-made âMan Caveâ playing the latest releases. I am a member of lots of gaming communities and it is there that I first found my love for forums and community pages.

What do you think you will bring to our community?

I have a huge passion for building communities. In my spare time, I have been involved in the creation and running of many different communities away from my workplace. I hope to use this experience to make sure the Tesco Bank community is highly engaged, motivated to post, and shares my passion for the page. I plan to continue to carry out our promise that no question will go unanswered and developing the support that is available to you all.

Whatâs your message to our individual members?

Talk to me! I think Iâm a good listener and I love to hear people talk about things they are interested in or ideas they have to improve the page. Send me a PM or tag me in a post and I promise to respond as soon as I can.

Is there anything you would change in The Community?

I feel like our community could have a greater sense of togetherness; everyone is there to connect with Tesco Bank, but not always to each other. So, my main focus is on building up the community and strengthening connections between members. I will be contacting some of our most active users shortly to discuss ideas I have to improve this.

What are you most excited about in your new role as Community Manager?

Seeing The Community grow and encouraging new and existing members to participate in helping each other. What isnât nice about helping someone? Weâre also working on some great plans to continue recognising these people â so keep an eye out for announcements! As I say, although I am new to this role, I am not new to the page. I really canât wait to get started and work alongside Sarah and the rest of the team.

âââââââ

I am a new member to this forum, but not to Tesco car insurance. Is there a number to ring "Tesco car insurance" direct on?
    I have rang the number seen online three times to receive my insurance policy. It has still not arrived, and I have been debited with a charge for calling them.
    Your Community Expert
    Hi @steveinspain, I'm sorry to hear this. The only number available to speak with a member of our team is on our website which may be the one you're already using. The number for our Car Insurance team is 0345 246 2895 and you'll be able to speak with us that way. Please note, this number may be included as part of any inclusive call minutes provided by your phone operator.
    Community superstar
    Hi @steveinspain

The car insurance team can be contacted on 0345 246 2895.

If you have online banking you can view your car insurance policy online.

Warm wishes, Caz @25H
    the only reason i joined is to log into my insurance, this I can not do. Can you help
    Your Community Expert
    Hi @taffgtaylor, sorry to hear that! Please send us a private message to @Tesco-Bank so we can help you with this.
    Community superstar
    Hi @taffgtaylor

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I see ChristinaG has offered to help you with this, just send a private message.
    To send Tesco Bank a private message click on this link Tesco-Bank then scroll down, on the left hand side click 'Send Private Message'.
    Complete it, click 'Submit Message' and this will send your message securely and privately.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.

You will receive a reply to your private message, with the appropriate response.

Warm wishes, Caz @25H
    Fresh Eyes
    @RossM Since Tesco withdrew all their debit cards I can't get used to the Clubcard Pay+. I dislike the
    "round-up" feature; would prefer paper statements & it seems that my mobile phone is too old to load
    the App. I'd like to cancel my account & apply instead for a Tesco credit card.
    Fresh Eyes
    @RossM
    Well I applied for a foundation credit card and I was turned down many times while on one hand it says if you shop with tesco you should get a credit card from tesco ?please check and locate my application this is bad as it can be I am disappointed I shop monthly online spending alot of money I a valuable customer and I have a club card with points also a bank account with tesco where I can use the vouchers collect or bank money ?
    Your Community Expert
    Hey @FernandesPaulina, please send us over a private message to Tesco-Bank here.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself and have fun in Off-topic too!