What is the last piece of tech you bought?

Investigator
    I only had the one that was still in the player, seemed to be all Eminem tracks with a random one Moby track for some reason. Was getting some Nostalgia listening to it. Any random finds on your MP3 player?
    âââââââ

Yeah there were a couple of good finds I enjoyed listening to again having long forgotten about. Albums by Franz Ferdinand, The Talking Heads and The Cure come to mind. I was more impressed that the battery still holds charge after all these years to be honest!
    Former Community Manager
    I actually seen Franz Ferdinand before they hit the charts @crb227, they played the bar at the end of my street when I was a student and really stood out compared to the rest on that night! Good old days when I went to gigs on a Tuesday night.
    The last piece of tech I treated myself to was Apple's AirPods Pro. It was my birthday in December and I took advantage of Tesco's very generous staff discount.

However... I'm now waiting until we receive our 10% Coronavirus bonus next month as I was topping up the anti-freeze in my car and one of them fell out, into the engine somewhere... I could hear it playing but I'll be damned if I can find it!!

Community superstar
    Slight deviation from the original question, but I recently came across my old MiniDisk player (that is a bit of tech that never really became popular). I loved my wee device and took it everywhere as a teen. Somewhere between a tape player and CD, I spent hours moving all my CD's onto blank discs so I didn't have to carry one of those large clunky portable CD players about. I was convinced that this was the future of tech. Did anyone else buy some obscure piece of tech that never really took off?

Hi Ross @RossM

Strange you should ask....
    During a clearout the other day while going through box's I'd stored away I came across my old portable CD player.
    I remember taking this everywhere with me when I was out.
    Ran on batteries and but they didn't seem to last very long.
    With it I had a small case with individual sleeve's for the CD's.

Oh and that's got me thinking!!!
    The CD player replaced a much used previous music machine which I also still have!!!
    A large stereo radio and cassette player boombox ghettoblaster from 1981 made by Sharp that was portable.
    I say portable but it takes 8 x 1.5v batteries and its about 3 feet long, big, bulky and heavy.
    Oh those were the day's 😁

Caz @25H
    Community superstar
    Morning Ross @RossM

Oh, something else that's old tech...

Name:  Sharp.jpg
Views: 2223
Size:  93.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Former Community Manager
    Oh no @heanor_man_34, that must be frustrating! Hoping you find it!!
    @25H Boomboxes are amazing, they always remind me of the MTV adverts in the 90's. Teens walking about with them on their shoulders.

On the look out
    I bought a Nintendo Switch a week ago. It's the one where I can hook it up to the TV and the one with changeable Joy Cons. I've only got Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for it. Debating what games to buy for ir.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Former Community Manager
    I bought a Nintendo Switch a week ago

I love my Switch @Rob1987. May I recommend Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I actually bought my Switch to play it and it didn't disappoint. So far I've put in about 50 hours over the last couple of years and is now one of my favorite games ever.

I may actually do a video games post later this week to see if the community has any other recommendations :)
    On the look out
    I love my Switch @Rob1987. May I recommend Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I actually bought my Switch to play it and it didn't disappoint. So far I've put in about 50 hours over the last couple of years and is now one of my favorite games ever.

I may actually do a video games post later this week to see if the community has any other recommendations 

I'm thinking about that game. However I have purchased The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Complete and New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe.

I shall be receiving them this Wednesday. See what they are like.
    Former Community Manager
    I have purchased The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Complete

Brilliant game!! Played that on Xbox, I spent far to much time playing the card game within the game (Gwent), I actually visited the studio that made the game CD project Red in Poland. Had the best time seeing them at work!