New year resolutions

Community Manager
    Morning everyone

Now we are in the new year, I'm curious to see if you have any resolutions? I had 3 goals last year which I achieved.

This year I want to focus on my running (start it again after a lazy few months), I have some things I want to do in the house and finally climb a mountain (not sure which one yet).

Let me know yours in the comments below, this may inspire others!

Sarah :)
  • 10 Replies

Your Community Expert
    Hey Sarah, Happy New Year!

Most of my 2020 resolutions were spoiled by the pandemic (that's my excuse anyway 😅) so this year I'm hoping to get fitter by running more and hopefully playing more football once that's allowed again!

I also hope to climb some more mountains after doing a few last summer, and this year I'd like to bag a few Munros (mountains over 3000ft) up here in Scotland once the nicer weather returns.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's New Year's Resolutions for 2021. Happy New Year everybody! ☺
    Former Community Manager
    Happy New Year Sarah.

For me it is simply to be more active, lockdown and working from home means I rarely even hit my daily 10k steps any more so planning to go on as many long walks as I can with my partner and kids when it is less icy underfoot.

I am also dedicating as much time (when we are allowed) to seeing family. 2020 made me realise how much I take for granted being able to see people like my gran and cousins etc and I want to make sure that I dedicate more time to making as many memories as I can with them!
    Above and beyond
    Morning Sarah !

I love climbing hills and mountains, and have left my footprints on most in the UK & Ireland.
    Even the smallest ones can be surprisingly challenging, but oh so worthwhile.
    The Eildon Hills (Abi Titmuss to the locals) near Melrose is worth a look, very modest you might think !

I'm desperate to be reunited with my family in Ireland, it's been more than a year now since seing many of them.
    Time is pressing, with some aunts and uncles well into their 90's and in poor health.

Other than that, i just want to get moved into our new dream home in West Wales in the spring.

It will be called Clover Cottage, and we hope that it will bring us good luck, and much happiness in the future.

Best Regards, Chris
    Former Community Manager
    i just want to get moved into our new dream home in West Wales in the spring.

Congrats on the new house @CSKBrambles!! Hope your move goes smoothly and that is a great name!
    Community superstar
    Good morning Sarah,

Looking forward to seeing my only living relative, an Auntie who lives just a few miles away, its her birthday this month, 80 years young she'll be but has health issues!!

Next on my list this year is to finish decorating my home which I started back in March last year including having new carpets fitted, when I can finally have the fitters in.

After all that I'd like to get my small wedding booked preferably abroad, after several attempts last year and due to cancellations it was not achieved.

Beyond all that I want to be relatively fit and well achieved by excercise and healthy eating.

Warm wishes, Caz @25H
    Former Community Manager
    Hope you get everything on your list ticked off @25H

After all that I'd like to get my small wedding booked preferably abroad, after several attempts last year and due to cancellations it was not achieved.

Do you have a destination in mind?
    Community superstar
    Hi Ross,

I was going to Gibralter & staying on a super yacht that's docked there.
    Other destinations have been Maldives and Mauritius.
    As we both do not have any family it's going to be a small wedding.
    Former Community Manager
    Sounds Lovely @25H :)
    Community Manager
    Hey @25H, my dad used to live in Gibraltar, I used to go out there a few times a year when I was younger. Lovely place! I remember the monkeys used to always try pinch our food and go in our bags when we used to go up the rock. Many fond memories there.

One time, the place where my dad had an apartment didn't tell him they had put more chlorine in the pool and we shouldn't have gone in for a few days apparently. Anyway, my brother went in (who at the time had bleached blonde hair), and his hair turned green. Was hilarious.