Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 3

details in insurance record out of date.
    28-12-20 , 13:10

I have just checked my policy details after receiving an email regarding the finalizing of a not fault claim on my car insurance. In the section regarding claims within last five years there are two logged. One is the one just stated where I was hit by an uninsured European registered car going through a red traffic light. The second is dated in 2013, so 7 years ago, when my parked unoccupied car was damaged by a roof landing on it during a storm. This is registered as an at fault accident.

My questions are:-
    Why is this still showing as within 5 years when it is older? As this is showing on my records is it having any effect on my premiums?
    Why is it classed as my fault? How can an empty car parked on my drive damaged by a roof blown off a house be my fault? Is it the same case if a tree is blown over on a car?

Thanks

​​​​​​​Bob.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,086
    Given: 614

28-12-20 , 13:43

Hi Bob @catman

I can understand your grievance when your car was unoccupied and got damaged.

The best thing to do is contact the Car Insurance team who will be only too happy to assist you and answer your queries.
    You can call them on 0345 078 3895 (Mon - Wed: 8am - 8pm, New Year's Eve 8am - 6pm, New Year's Day 8am - 5pm, Sat: 9am - 2pm, Sun: 10am - 2pm).
    Warm wishes and a Happy New Year, Caz @25H
    Thumbs Up

28-12-20 , 14:07

Thanks 25H, I will give them a call
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 103
    Given: 161

28-12-20 , 14:10

Hi @catman , thanks for your message. A claim settled in 2013 will have no effect on your current premium. We stop rating on claims after a period of 5 years. The term 'fault' in insurance terminology doesn't necessarily mean you caused the accident, it simply means that your insurance company paid out for any damages and were unable to claim the costs back from the third party (in this case, the roof). I hope this clarifies things for you.
    Thumbs Up

28-12-20 , 14:23

Hi Caz,
    I have just tried the number you have given and it's for pet insurance and they are closed for the holiday period. Do you have another number for the vehicle insurance department?

Thanks

​​​​​​​Bob.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry Caz just seen the reply above which must have come whilst sending your reply which has answered the questions.

Thanks for your help.

​​​​​​​Bob.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Christopher for your reply, it explains it all.

​​​​​​​Regards Bob.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 445
    Given: 1,066

28-12-20 , 14:29

Hi Bob, @catman

l have just picked up on this, and it appears that your queries have been satisfactorily answered.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best wishes, Chris, @CSKBrambles
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,086
    Given: 614

28-12-20 , 15:57

Hi Bob @catman

I'm really pleased your query has been answered to your satisfaction. 😀
    Thanks ChristopherP.

Take care and warm wishes, Caz @25H
© 2021 Tescobank.com All rights reserved
Sitemap