Registration Number Changed for Personalised Number

Changed number plate for a personalised one, but can't see how to change it on the account - keeps taking me around in circles when I ask for help. It's not easy on the site - you could do with that extra option for changing a registration number
  • 2 Replies

Community superstar
    Hi @WindyWeather

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulties with changing your reg number.

It should only take a few minutes via Your Insurance Account to update your vehicle registration to a private / cherished plate.
    Once you log in, select the policy you want to make the change on and then click 'Make Changes'.
    Click 'Amend car details' from the drop down menu.
    Select the date you want your change to take effect from, read the statements carefully and if accepted, click 'Confirm'.
    Please enter your new registration but DO NOT click 'Find my car', simply check all the information and scroll down to click 'Continue'.
    You will then be presented with the cost to make the change and the option of adding any optional extras to your policy
    If you're happy and want to go ahead, click 'Go to checkout'. If you do not want to go ahead, click 'Back to your account'.

Hope this helps!!!
    Warm wishes, Caz @25H
    Above and beyond
    Hi @WindyWeather

To change your vehicle registration to a private place online via Your Insurance Account please proceed as follows:-
    Log in, select the policy you wish to make the change to and then click 'Make Changes'.
    Click on “Amend car details' from the drop down list.
    Select the date you wish the change to take effect from, then click on 'Confirm'.
    Please enter your new registration but DO NOT click 'Find my car', simply check all the information and scroll down to click 'Continue'.
    You will then be presented with the cost to make the change (zero cost to change online) and the option of adding any optional extras to your policy
    Finally click 'Go to checkout' and complete.

Best wishes, @CSKBrambles