Hi. I'm finding it a bit confusing as to when money comes out of my Tesco credit card account! eg: I have a £1000 limit but (coming up to Christmas, etc) I've spent more than I usually do and at the moment owe around £980, which is due to come out of my account this Monday - fine so far, but what I'm wondering is does my spending limit go back to £1000 immediately the £980 is taken from my account by Tesco, or is there a few days lapse (when I'm left with c£20) before I can resume spending on the card?
  • Hi. I'm finding it a bit confusing as to when money comes out of my Tesco credit card account! eg: I have a £1000 limit but (coming up to Christmas, etc) I've spent more than I usually do and at the moment owe around £980, which is due to come out of my account this Monday - fine so far, but what I'm wondering is does my spending limit go back to £1000 immediately the £980 is taken from my account by Tesco, or is there a few days lapse (when I'm left with c£20) before I can resume spending on the card?
  • Hi @kettle
    As soon as the £980 is credited to your Tesco credit card account the original limit of £1000 is reinstated.
    This can take up to 2 working days between the money leaving your bank account and getting into your Tesco credit card account.
    You can of course check this via the App or Online banking, however due to essential maintenance it will be unavailable from 3pm today until tomorrow morning.
    Should you feel you might need more than £1000 credit limit on your credit card you can ask for an increase to your limit.
    Hope this helps!!
    Have a lovely weekend Caz @25H
  • Hi @kettle
    As soon as the £980 is credited to your Tesco credit card account the original limit of £1000 is reinstated.
    This can take up to 2 working days between the money leaving your bank account and getting into your Tesco credit card account.
    You can of course check this via the App or Online banking, however due to essential maintenance it will be unavailable from 3pm today until tomorrow morning.
    Should you feel you might need more than £1000 credit limit on your credit card you can ask for an increase to your limit.
    Hope this helps!!
    Have a lovely weekend Caz @25H
  • Thank you for your help, it's put my mind at ease, such a silly thing, but worrying me so much! :-)
  • Thank you for your help, it's put my mind at ease, such a silly thing, but worrying me so much! :-)
  • Hi @kettle

The simple answer to your question is NO your credit balance is not restored immediately after payment is taken.

It takes two clear working days, so check your balance on Wednesday and it should be cleared.

Hope this helps, Chris, @CSKBrambles
  • Hi @kettle

The simple answer to your question is NO your credit balance is not restored immediately after payment is taken.

It takes two clear working days, so check your balance on Wednesday and it should be cleared.

Hope this helps, Chris, @CSKBrambles
  • Hi @kettle
    I'm really pleased I was able to help.
    Have an enjoyable weekend and stay safe, Caz @25H
  • Hi @kettle
    I'm really pleased I was able to help.
    Have an enjoyable weekend and stay safe, Caz @25H
  • No problems @kettle

That's what we're here for.

Best wishes, Chris, @CSKBrambles
  • No problems @kettle

That's what we're here for.