Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

VPN issues with mobile app
    30-11-20 , 22:29

Anyone having issues with a VPN and the latest update to the mobile app? My app just keeps saying that I'm not connected to the Internet unless I disable my VPN which I'm not prepared to do. This must be a bug as no proper app would force users to disable security features.
    Click below to see solutions
    Last edited by Loki666; 30-11-20 at 22:32. Reason: Typo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 370
    Given: 544

Best Answer
    01-12-20 , 10:11

Hi , I looked into this and unfortunately the app will reject connection attempts from arbitrary/anonymous locations and as a result it will not currently be compatible. Our own internal security relies on being able to identify the user and device during login and to put it simply some VPN's are not currently compatible with this. I appreciate that this may not be the answer that you hoped for and I will pass on your comments to the app team as feedback if you can let me know which VPN service you use?
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 444
    Given: 1,068

01-12-20 , 07:47

Hi @Loki666

This is not something that i'm familiar with, i only have vpn enabled on my work laptop.

Please send Tesco bank a private message to check this out gor you.

Please Click on this link Tesco-Bank then scroll down, on the left hand side click 'Send Private Message'.
    Complete it and send your message securely and privately.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode along with details.

You will receive a reply to your private message.

Regards, Chris, @CSKBrambles
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 839
    Given: 461

01-12-20 , 07:59

Hi @Loki666
    I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulties.
    Please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' so this can be checked out and an appropriate response can be provided.
    Click on this link Tesco-Bank then scroll down, on the left hand side click 'Send Private Message'.
    Complete it and send your message securely and privately.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.
    You will receive a reply to your private message.
    Warm wishes, Caz @25H

Thumbs Up
    Received: 839
    Given: 461

01-12-20 , 10:17

Hi @Loki666
    I see RossM has replied to your message and explained why you're having issue.
    He will pass your comments onto the App team with feedback if you're able to let him know the VPN service you're using.
    Take care and saty safe, Caz @25H
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

02-12-20 , 23:54

Using Nord VPN and none of my other banking apps have the issue.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 116

03-12-20 , 09:12

Thanks for letting us know @Loki666 , we'll get this passed on to the app development team. Again, sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

05-12-20 , 17:23

Quote Originally Posted by Loki666 View Post
    Using Nord VPN and none of my other banking apps have the issue.
    I also use NordVPN and have not previously noted this issue. Forcing you to reduce your cyber security to use a financially sensitive banking app beggars belief. Get that sorted straight away!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18

05-12-20 , 17:43

Thank you for commenting @Properjob70. I have passed your feedback on to our app development team, apologies for any inconvenience caused!
© 2021 Tescobank.com All rights reserved
Sitemap