• CAR Hire Excess taken from card (£1000) - no explanation/paperwork

Good Afternoon,

Not sure where to take this, did not fit any of the areas?

Trip to South Africa in March 2020
    Flight and Car hire booked together with British Airways

Had an accident, which was not my fault, got police report etc..

Excess £1000 taken from Tesco Bank Mastercard

Contacted British Airways, very helpful in communicating with BUDGET Car Rental but have never received any paperwork from the Car Hire company.
    My Card was then Credited with 2 amounts, approx £200 & £300, within 2 weeks of each other.
    I was also told by British Airways that the other party was claiming accident y fault, although they had driven through a stop street.

Anyway, bottom line is have not received any paperwork from BUDGET - therefore ideally Tesco Bank could cancel the excess transaction until paperwork / explanation forthcoming.

I do have Accident Excess insurance on an annual policy, but cannot claim without the BUDGET Car Rental invoice/paperwork etc..

Yours Kindly

Richard

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to mention Flight/Car Hire booked and paid in full with Tesco Mastercard
    Click below to see solutions
  • Good Afternoon,

Not sure where to take this, did not fit any of the areas?

Trip to South Africa in March 2020
    Flight and Car hire booked together with British Airways

Had an accident, which was not my fault, got police report etc..

Excess £1000 taken from Tesco Bank Mastercard

Contacted British Airways, very helpful in communicating with BUDGET Car Rental but have never received any paperwork from the Car Hire company.
    My Card was then Credited with 2 amounts, approx £200 & £300, within 2 weeks of each other.
    I was also told by British Airways that the other party was claiming accident y fault, although they had driven through a stop street.

Anyway, bottom line is have not received any paperwork from BUDGET - therefore ideally Tesco Bank could cancel the excess transaction until paperwork / explanation forthcoming.

I do have Accident Excess insurance on an annual policy, but cannot claim without the BUDGET Car Rental invoice/paperwork etc..

Yours Kindly

Richard

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to mention Flight/Car Hire booked and paid in full with Tesco Mastercard
    Click below to see solutions
  • Best Answer

Hi @richy01908, sorry to hear this. It's likely we would require the paperwork from the merchant if we were able to look into this for you, but please send us a private message to @Tesco-Bank and we will do our best to help.
  • Hi @richy01908, sorry to hear this. It's likely we would require the paperwork from the merchant if we were able to look into this for you, but please send us a private message to @Tesco-Bank and we will do our best to help.
  • Hi Richard @richy01908
    This is quite a complwx query.
    I see ChristinaG has replied to your message and has suggested you send Tesco-Bank a private message.
    To do this
    click on this link Tesco-Bank then scroll down, on the left hand side click 'Send Private Message'.
    Complete it and send your message securely and privately.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode as well as details.
    You will receive a reply to your private message.

Warm wishes, Caz @25H
  • Hi Richard @richy01908
    This is quite a complwx query.
    I see ChristinaG has replied to your message and has suggested you send Tesco-Bank a private message.
    To do this
    click on this link Tesco-Bank then scroll down, on the left hand side click 'Send Private Message'.
    You will receive a reply to your private message.

Warm wishes, Caz @25H
  • Hi Richard @richy01908

I strongly suggest that you send Tesco-Bank a private message, and request that they look into this for you.

Please click on this link Tesco-Bank then scroll down, on the left hand side click 'Send Private Message'.

You will receive a reply to your private message, with appropriate advice and assistance to resolve.

Kindest Regards, Chris, @CSKBrambles
  • Hi Richard @richy01908

I strongly suggest that you send Tesco-Bank a private message, and request that they look into this for you.

Please click on this link Tesco-Bank then scroll down, on the left hand side click 'Send Private Message'.

You will receive a reply to your private message, with appropriate advice and assistance to resolve.

Kindest Regards, Chris, @CSKBrambles
  • Many thanks for the replies above.

I will send a Private message etc..
  • Many thanks for the replies above.

I will send a Private message etc..
  • Hi @richy01908
    That's great!!
    Hope you're able to get this sorted.
    Have a lovely weekend, Caz @25H
  • Hi @richy01908
    That's great!!
    Hope you're able to get this sorted.