Credit card direct debit not taken

Just looking
    Yes, here is another Tesco Bank victim. Direct debit set up early in October to repay the full card balance. Checked a few days later and it is listed at Tesco Bank and the paying bank. Direct debit should have paid off my full balance at the end of October but it didn't and, like all the other users, I have been charged the £12 late payment fee.

If you Google "credit card direct debit not taken" Tesco Bank is the first entry so clearly they have a problem. And it has been going for years so they are disinclined to do anything about it.

The phone 0345 300 4278 only gets you to a menu - none of the selections are apt and all of them simply end, there is no option to talk or send a message, so zero 'Service' at the Customer Service Team.

Please Tesco Bank sort this out once and for all and also let me know how I can contact you to sort out my case
  • 3 Replies

• Verified Answer

Community superstar
    Verified Answer
    Hi @nottakenddforcc
    I'm really sorry to hear you're direct debit wasn't taken and you've incurred a £12 late payment fee.
    Please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' from here so this can be checked out and an appropriate response can be provided.
    Click on this link Tesco-Bank then scroll down, on the left hand side click 'Send Private Message'.
    Complete it and send your message securely and privately.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode along with details.
    You will receive a reply to your private message.

Warm wishes, Caz @25H
    Your Community Expert
    Hi nottakenddforcc, sorry to hear about this. Please send us a private message following the steps that @25H has confirmed. Thanks for helping out again here Caz!

If you would rather call, please contact the Credit Card team on 0345 300 4278 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm). To reach a member of the team, press option 2 and enter in your credit card number. If you don't have that to hand, just press 0 and you will then be passed through.
    Above and beyond
    Hi @nottakenddforcc

I'm really sorry to hear about this.
    I would suggest that you
    send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' to check it out and resolve this for you.
    Please click on this link Tesco-Bank then scroll down, on the left hand side click 'Send Private Message'.
    Complete it and send your message securely and privately.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode along with details.
    You will receive a reply to your private message.

Best regards, Chris, @CSKBrambles