Christmas 2020 - What are Your Plans?

Good evening,

Given 2020 has been a year to remember, especially for all of the wrong reasons (!), what are other people's plans for Christmas 2020?

Personally I'll be working a lot, up to and including Christmas Eve, and *really* need to step away from the large tubs of twist wrap chocolates!

Am hoping things will turn out to be a lot better once December 2nd comes around otherwise it's going to be a tin of baked beans on toast for me 🤣!
  • 7 Replies

Community Manager
    Hey @heanor_man_34 - I'm hoping things change come 2nd December too! At the moment I'm off when the kids are off so very much looking forward to the break and have lots of activities planned throughout December, fingers crossed they all get to go ahead.

I'm actually going to be putting my tree up in the next couple of weeks to keep everyone in my house positive as we head to the festive period, may aswell make the most of the time indoors during lockdown! Have some decorating I want to do first, but provided I get that done this wknd then it will be tree(s) up after that.

I've resisted the large tubs of chocolates so far but there are lots of Halloween sweets still about and are being eaten far too often with working from home 😊
    Your Community Expert
    Hey @heanor_man_34, I'm really hoping things will be looking better by Christmas too! We aren't in a second lockdown (yet) up in Scotland, I really hope we can try and avoid it, especially over Christmas!

I'm also putting up the decorations extra early this year and I can't wait @sarah_d, I think we all deserve to start celebrating a little earlier this year!
    Community superstar
    Hi @heanor_man_34
    Sounds like you have little will-power where large tubs of twist wrap chocolates are concerned 😀
    I'll be abroad this Christmas as I do every Christmas. Yes it will be very different as I won't be having the guests round on Christmas Day as I usually do.
    I hope too that the lockdown ends on 2nd December for all of you guys!!
    You sound so organised @sarah_d with the activities planned and the super plans for the next week or two.
    Hope you all have a lovely Christmas whatever you are doing, Caz @25H
    Good morning,
    @25H you're right-I have no willpower whatsoever when it comes to the large tubs of chocolate. I'm currently working on that section in store and I've a feeling I'm going to end up buying far more than I should do. Thank goodness for staff discount, haha! Not jealous of you going abroad for Christmas at all 😂.
    @sarah_d sounds like you've got a somewhat busy (and productive) time coming up-given the dark nights and weather at this time of year at least it's something to do whilst cooped up inside. Perhaps once you're exhausted from the decorating the little ones will put up the tree for you so you can take it easy?!
    @christina_g fingers crossed we're able to come out of lockdown on December 2nd and that none of the 'devolved nations' feel it's a route that may have to take, especially over the Christmas and New Year/Hogmanay. I think a fair few of us are going to be entering 2021 in style!
    Above and beyond
    Hi @heanor_man_34

Christmas 🎄 will be very different for us this year !
    We are due to move into temporary accommodation mid December, as our new home 🏡 in Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 will not be ready for us until end of February .
    Everything is up in the air at the moment, until we have an exchange date, so that we can book somewhere !
    The plan is to find a cosy holiday cottage in west Wales, and share Christmas and New Year with friends.
    I”m hopeful that everything will go to plan, but in this bonkers of all years, you just never know !
    Whatever you’re doing , have a great time.

Best wishes, Chris, @CSKBrambles
    Former Community Manager
    My Christmas tree is up........ the attic, where it belongs til December. But really looking forward to Christmas this year as its the first full Christmas day my partner and I, with our extended family of 3 kids will spend together (restrictions permitting). In previous years we have been apart on the day itself.
    Community superstar
    Hi @RossM
    Ah, that sounds so lovely😊
    Really pleased to hear you'll be able to spend Christmas Day with your partner.
    Hope you all have a great day, Caz